Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SUSANUK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 04:41 AM
    Under wear problems in the office.
    Over the past few weeks my slip has been frequently been showing below my dress in the office,for some unknown reason the problem does not seem to happen elsewhere, may be it's the constant standing, sitting,reaching up and bending which causes the waist band to slip down.Now as it is only the back that seems to show I am not aware of the problem until some one tells me and I try to re adjust the waist band as soon as I am aware of this.But one male co worker has taken to saying in a loud voice Charlies Dead again Sue, he even watches me pulling the elastic up through my dress when I try to put things back in order, I have tried a full slip so that it does not show but I find these uncomfortable and warm for the office. His remarks make me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed, should I report it or do as afriend says just look him in the face and say sorry if I am upsetting you,time to grow up. Advice please.
    Susana
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 13, 2011, 04:45 AM

Just address this yourself by telling him to mind his own business. You can't let him see that his remarks bother you, otherwise he will keep doing this to annoy you until it escalates further.

I handled that slip problem by just cutting the darn things off a little as it is nearly impossible to hem that material.

Tick
    SUSANUK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 11:56 PM
    I always wear a half slip under dresses and skirts and most of my slips are just a fraction shorter and this often causes me to show a couple of inches of slip when I reach up or bend over. Some of my slips will also slip a little at the back so that they show about half an inch when I am walking round.I have only ever received favourable or polite comments such as pretty slip today or if I have a black slip on which always tend to slip quite a lot, looking good and sexy today but it always said in a nice way.I think you should just ignore his comments and enjoy the favourable ones. The peril of wearing a half slip to the office is that they are always prone to slipping down, paticularly at the back.
    Sheila
    UK
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2011, 12:12 AM

Hairspray the back of the slip, I have not tried it myself, but hear it works a treat from keeping the slip, 'sliping'.

As for the unwanted comments, you can ignore them, or turn around look the offender dead in the eye and in a very serious tone ask 'am I bothering you'.

Most skirts today come with a slip already inserted, if your wearing an additional slip that may be the problem.

If your finding the comments upsetting you could always report it to you supervisor or manager.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2011, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSANUK View Post
    Sheila
    UK
    Something is fishy here. This was posted a month ago under the Account SUSANUK and signed Susana.

Today, the same account posts an answer to the question but signs it Sheila UK.

What's going on?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Something is fishy here. This was posted a month ago under the Account SUSANUK and signed Susana.

Today, the same account posts an answer to the question but signs it Sheila UK.

What's going on?
    I wondered the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is prior office experience so important in applying for a low-level office job? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I am looking for a new job. I have a college degree, I am clean, well-dressed, articulate and knowledgeable about the fields to which I am applying. Unfortunately, I have been passed over recently for two different jobs due to lack of office experience. Perhaps it has to do...

We use Microsoft Office 2003 at our office. Our company computes the employees age, [ 15 Answers ]

We use Microsoft Office 2003 at our office. Our company computes the employees’ age, e.g. (01/01/1949) plus their starting date, e.g. (08/22/1989) to check if they are eligible for the 75 rule for retirement. Can Excel compute this with the age changing daily to keep the formula current?

Unable to open any office 2003 application after downgrading fro office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys I just uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003, but I cannot go to outlook, it gives me an error saying something like mapi. Please assist guys:confused:

MS Office 2003, problems in Word and Outlook [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble opening saved word documents, and when a new email arrives my outlook says it has encounter a problem and needs to close. I have tried the detect and repair, and the programs are installed on a server so I don't have a disk. Any thoughts?

Problems with office 10 and office 11 [ 9 Answers ]

OK I had office 2002 installed. The os is 2k. When in outlook using word as email editor. Word will encounter a problem. Ask to send a report shutdown then try to reclaim what you were working on. I have deleted the users profile and recreated it. I upgraded finally to office 2003. Still the same...

View more questions Search