Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelbo22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 09:26 PM
    How can I legally force my roommate out?
    Hi, I live in Florida and I own my condominium. I allowed a friend to move it to get out of unhappy situation, but it's just not working out. I gave her a 30 day notice via email. She proceeded to advise me that she would leave in 30 days if she had the money, if not, she wasn't going anywhere. What recourse do I have. Going home has become somewhat of a nightmare! Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 09:12 AM
    It is going to get worse if that was her attitude. Have your locks changed and put her belonging on the curb. You might want to call your county sheriff first and inform them of the forced eviction.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Does she pay you any rent? If she pays any rent at all then she is a tenant and you must follow your state's laws to have her formally evicted.

If she does not pay you any rent then she is a guest and after the expiration of the notice period you already gave her you can change the locks. I suggest that you give her something in writing 7 days before, informing her that the locks will be changed in 7 days and if she hasn't removed all of her belongings by then she will have to make an appointment with you to remove them afterward. And if she hasn't done so in another 30 days then you will dispose of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

How do I legally evict a roommate... as soon as possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I let my sister in law move in to my house in which I currently have a 12 month lease. She is not on the lease and I need to get rid of her. She is always late or short with the rent and I believe she is doing drugs. I want her out but I want to do it legally so she has no recourse other than to...

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

What can we do legally? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and have been married for 3 years. My mom, who was always a control freak, literally went psycho when I got married. She took my family (dad, brothers, and sister) through hell making up stories of me being abused and manipulated and dragging my helpless younger siblings through...

Roommate vs. Roommate evicitions ? [ 13 Answers ]

I am on a lease to rent a room. I found another person to rent the other room. I have lived at this house for 3 years. He has lived here for two months. I want him out because he is a nuisance. My rights as a tenant does not specifically state me as a Principle Tenant, but I've been here the...

View more questions Search