Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clearwaterbgc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 09:45 AM
    "Check Signal Cable" error... please help!
    My computer is saying "Check Signal Cable" when I start it up.

I have powercycled the computer and monitor. I have tried 3 different monitors. When the computer comes on, all lights and fans come on as normal but it does not appear to be able to connect to the monitor. (All connections look OK!! )

It does not have a video card to reset. I don't know much about computers.. can anyone help me with this problem?

(I would very much appreciate it!! )
    Langerfaceiii Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 07:05 AM
    Have you tried different cables, or the same cable with a different computer? It will either be the cable or the port on your motherboard, if it is the cable then it is easy to replace. But if it is the motherboard then you would have to get the board replaced or get a new computer.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2011, 07:09 AM
    It sounds like it may be your video chipset. Right-clikc on My Computer and select Properties, then select the hardware tab, then click on Device manager (steps may differ depending on which version of Windows). Do you see any yellow exclamation marks or red x's?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2011, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It sounds like it may be your video chipset. Right-clikc on My Computer and select Properties, then select the hardware tab, then click on Device manager (steps may differ depending on which version of Windows). Do you see any yellow exclamation marks or red x's?
    OP can't do this without a working display. ;)

What's the make and model of your computer? As mentioned, try a different cable (unless you have already done so). You might be able to just add a graphics card if that is the only part of the motherboard malfunctioning.

Also, do you see any of the startup stuff? Or does your monitor display the "Check Signal Cable" immediately upon turning on your equipment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct TV error message "check signal cable" [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We had a power outage last night and when the power came back on, 2 of our 3 tvs were fine, but the 3rd isn't. When we turn it on we get a black screen with a blue box that says "check signal cable". I called Direct TV and they were no help! Thank you!

Check signal cable [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same problem.I've changed the graphic card and also the ram but the monitor still say me to check signal cable... I know that the monitor is good because I've tried it by connecting the monitor to his cpu.I really don't know what to do. *to the cpu of my brother

Check signal cable [ 4 Answers ]

I hope u all can help with this issue. Here's what I'm putting together asus rampage II extreme x58, Intel I7 940, corsair dominator 1600 ddr3, bfg gtx 295. So I put it all together n got this on my screen. Checked the wires n cables all is good, power supply is on and running, mobo lights up all...

Check signal cable error [ 2 Answers ]

OK here's the deal.. my dad took something out of my computer so I couldn't play games on it .Now I want to know what he took so I can buy it from a store.Anyone help please.I can still turn on my computer,hear a beep, feel the air coming out and my comp is pretty brand new so how old my comp is...

Check signal cable [ 1 Answers ]

After fitting a new cd burner on start-up I get the message --CHECK SIGNAL CABLE -- what does this mean and what is the signal cable

View more questions Search