Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickytickytavs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 06:54 PM
    Sprained ankle or break??
    I twisted my ankle a week ago and there is still pain and swelling. I have continued to run in track and have done some hurdles as well. I have tried to do the least amount of running but I still have ran on it. There is a looseness feeling in the ankle and pain when pressure is put on it. There is also mild pain when its not moving. I can't decide if it is just a sprain or if I should see a doctor. I have twisted the ankle before several times, and sprained it once before. Also when I was younger it was broken (when I was like 10, now I'm 17). I have iced it a lot but the swelling has not gone down much. It hurts after walking a lot. There are some sharp pains in specific parts of the ankle/foot. Not sure which it could be... sprain or break??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 15, 2011, 05:16 AM

Worse thing you could have done after spraining your ankle was run and hurdle on it. See a doctor if you still want to do track and field.

Tick
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2011, 05:56 AM

Agree with tickel, its never going to heal if you don't let it, my bet is it's a sprain and you've worsened it, there is not a chance you could run on it if its broken. See your doctor, you may need some good strong anti-inflammitories.
    rickytickytavs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thanks. Ill go set up an appointment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take a sprained ankle to heal? [ 37 Answers ]

2 1/2 weeks ago, I sprained my ankle. I waited a few days to go see a doctor but when I finally did, he ordered x-rays. He said there are no broken bones. He told me to come back in a week. I did and my foot was still swollen and VERY tender in several places (I'm talking that it's so tender...

Sprained Ankle (Torn ligiments) [ 2 Answers ]

So I was playing basketball and I jumped up, when I happen to land on a friends foot. The outside of my foot went down and my full body weight landed on my ankle. This happen 4 months and 1 week ago. It still hurts when I bend it forward and from side to side. There is still stiffness in the...

Should I see a doctor for a sprained ankle? [ 16 Answers ]

I was at school and my friend pushed me and I tripped over a hole and landed on my left ankle the wrong way I guess. But I got home and my mom saw that it was swollen and she told me to rest it so I did for that day and she said the swelling will be gone tomorrow but it still isn't gone. I don't...

Sprained ankle [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm after some advice regarding a bad sprain. On Saturday night my left ankle gave way coming down the stairs and I fell hurting it pretty bad. Went to casualty where it was xrayed and told it was just a sprain and sent on my way (nothing on it and just told to ice and rest). So went away...

Possible sprained ankle/foot [ 2 Answers ]

I was out on Tuesday night in a fab new pair of high heels and I had a bit too much to drink and went over on my heels on a flight of stairs. Luckily some guys begind me caught me and stopped me going down the stairs but I did go over on my foot further. It was painful at the time, but started...

View more questions Search