Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finefox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Best Hair Moisturizer For Brittle Breaking Hair?
    My brittle breaking hair may be caused by a health change. Each hair seems about half to one quarter skinnier than before. The hair as a whole does not hold moisture long and I should never put any kind of heat or chemicals on it. I use cream conditioners, but I never wash them out. They act as a lubricant until I get to the next hair washing day. I try not to wash more than once each week. I wear hats and scarves as a barrier to dirt and dust. If I wash often, I may go bald. I use oils for the extra dry scalp and hair lotions daily for the ends of the hair. On fizzier days, I use hair gels to keep the smooth look, but I must rinse this daily because the gels do bad things too. There must be some concoction out there to help hair like mine. By the way, I have african american type natural hair. Thank you for your comments, suggestions, help and referrals.
    luvee Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jan 20, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Hi, there. Have you tried pure virgin coconut oil for your hair? You can do that once a week or 2x a week. It will give moisture to your hair and tangle free. Its good. Im selling it
    dolcefoxy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Hi.
    I just totally had the same hair problem like... a few months ago :D! I would use Johnson's oil shampoo because it will moisturise your hair and use any Pantene Pro V hair conditioners you want! They're awesome! You should also use Kerastase Reflection Chroma Protect hair mask (it comes in a bright pink/purple bottle)... But don't use too much!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 22, 2007, 05:20 PM
    If you have dry, brittle hair, do a deep condtioning treatment once a week or twice a week. You can also use a leave-in-condtioner. Conditioners penetrates the hair to help restore moisture.

Luvee, please stop promoting your product on the forum. If you want to sell your product, you should try eBay.
    Jambo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 12:11 AM
    About 2 years ago, after several botched professional color disasters, my hair was destroyed, brittle, dry and breaking at the roots. I was told to use several items by Phyto ( no; I do not sell it, and am not in the business,) but, it is the best advice I've ever received and I use the products to this day. The 2 that totally repaired my hair are Phytocitrus vital radience mask for color treated or permed hair, which is a cream conditioner that comes in a jar. The other is Phyto 9, which is a leave in cream that does not weigh down the hair, and imparts a shine while it repairs , and boy, does it repair! You can use it over and over and your hair won't get greasy or dank. It comes in a tube, and you rub it in your hands and apply it wherever you need it. There's also a formula for intensely fried hair; I think it's Phyto 11. The stuff is expensive, but, it's incredible. If you can't find it in your area, there's usually some on eBay. The last thing is MOP Pear Detangler, which you spray on your wet hair after shampooing which prevents the breakage that comes with damaged hair when you try to comb it when it's wet. Ebay has been out of it for a while, but, a lot of salons carry it. Good luck! I've been there...
    junycuqui Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2011, 03:14 PM
    My granddaughter has the same problem & this is what I do to help her with her hair when she comes over, in the morning I make a mixture of mayonnaise and avocado, or avocado oil, or olive oil and put it in her hair, then I put a shower cap and a stretchable hair hat (you can find these at target or wal-mart for .99) and leave it for about 4-hours, I buy her baby shampoo or castile liquid soap and mix it with the following ingredients: 4oz shampoo – 1oz olive oil, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and ½ teaspoon of castor oil. Mix it well and shampoo her hair, for a conditioner I buy a cheap one and add olive oil and honey to it. When her hair is towel dry (not too dry or too wet) I part it in approx. 1 ½ by 1 ½ sections, it and twist it (like Shirley Temple) & let it air dry. Her hair looks really good, shiny and soft when dry. Thid is a very economical way to treat your hair!!
    apples_mom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Comment on junycuqui's post
    Junycuqui,
    I find your treatment to be very interesting and will try it on my daughters hair. How often do you do this and the conditioner do you leave it in or do you wash it out? Also would you be able to email this to me? It doesn't convert well when I print directly from the website.
    apples_mom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Comment on junycuqui's post
    Hi Junycuqui,
    I received an email showing you answered but nothing is showing?
    mari84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 02:54 PM
    I like to use silicone mix bambu leave in cond... I also mix moska-oil, coconut oil, olive oil, carrot oil and tree tea oil in a bottle mix I t... its great on your scalp and your hair ends.. just a little of it every day before bed... also when I get roller set before I use a leave in cond called lacio- lacio is a dominican product its awsome.. not everything I use will work on evry ones hair, but its not bad to try... good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Brittle Dry Hair [ 1 Answers ]

Im Dark Haired And Fancyed A Change To Blond A Friend Who Is Also Dark But Bleaches Her Hair Did Mine It Went Ginger But The Roots Were Lilly White It Was A Desaster So I Dyed It Back To Brown Ever Since My Hair Is Brittle Dry And Dull This Was 7 Munths Ago. Any Suggestions To Get My Hair Back...

Hair exts for short hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have very short hair. It is around 2 inches long. I butchered myself. Can I get hair extensions?

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

View more questions Search