Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtbart1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 09:41 PM
    Why won't my computer read the optical disc?
    My computer will not read the optical disc with my family photos on it, what could be wrong
    bunty_ninja Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 01:15 AM
    There can be lot of things that can go wqrong with the disk making it unusable..
    For last option try software like ISOBUSTER to save whatever that could be extracted from the drive
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 1, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Was the disk burned in that same drive? If it's a multisession disk and was never closed, it could be an issue. When ever I have optical drive problems the first thing I try is to clean it with the tray open but the PC off, I spray with canned air into one side so the dust goes out the other. Then I have a cleaning disk I can use that you can get at the store some are not expensive at all. It causes a brush to pass over the laser lens without touching it and removes any remaining dust (of course the PC is back on now). After that I would try uninstalling the drive from Device Manager and reboot so MS can reload the generic drivers. If it still won't read the disk then its time to take the disk to a friends house and try it there. Report back what you find. Not many people come back after given advice (to say what happened).
    bunty_ninja Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 12:47 PM
    The Drive is not the problem.. The disk is
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2011, 04:32 PM

What codec or software was it burned in?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 29, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Another thing that comes to mind happened to me. I used to use Nero InCD to create RW disks I could erase. After having many troubles with InCD I decided not to use it anymore and treat the disks as one complete erase instead of individual erases like a floppy. The problem was I could not read many of the older disks I had made with InCD. There was a little program you can use to access those disks, or you can do what I did, install InCD just to copy and re burn your data in the more conventional way and then uninstall InCD (actually I set a restore point so I could get rid of it completely when I was done cause even after uninstall it left issues behind).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony dvp-cx995v multi-disc dvd player cannot read disk [ 22 Answers ]

I have two Sony dvp-cx995v multi-disc dvd players and both Give the error message "cannot read disk". One has been working For about a year and the other for 3 months. Now they both just give This error message for all DVD's Has anyone had this experience? Thanks

My disc drive won't read any thing [ 6 Answers ]

Disc dirve won't read cd dvds or anything like that help

Data disc won't read [ 2 Answers ]

CD or DVD drive doesn't see data disc in windows xp home sp2

Disc Drives won't Read Media [ 1 Answers ]

I think my computer has caught some strange disease. It is extremely sluggish and I cannot log on to my DSL internet, even though two computers hooked up by USB wireless adapters in the next bed rooms have no problem accesing the net. Therefore, I decided to backup all my data files and start...

View more questions Search