Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsmaylemann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
    How can I get parental rights taken away?
    My name is Lacy and I have a 6 year old daughter. Her biological father has been in and out of her life since she was born. All of a sudden, since he has moved his girlfriend here, he wants to take me to court to file for visitation rights to her. The first year of her life he saw her maybe 3 times. Then he moved to AZ ( we live in TN) for 2 years. When he came back we set up an agreement that he may come to my house and visit with her one day a week every week so she can get to know him. I wanted him to be a part of her life so that when she got older and I told her that he is her biological father, then she would know him and could make her own decision about the type of relationship she wants to have with him. (My husband has raised her as his own since she was 3 months old). The main problem is that I do not trust him to take her out of my site ( I am over protective) so I do not want the courts to rule on visitation. I have asked him to sign over his legal rights in the past so my husband can adopt her but he refuses. He hardly pays the child support he's been ordered to but he pays just enough to stay out of trouble. And now he doesn't even show up when he's supposed to to see her every week. Is there anything I can do to make sure he can't get visitation or custody and make him sign over his rights?? :(
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmaylemann
    Is there anything I can do to make sure he can't get visitation or custody and make him sign over his rights???:(
    Hello mrs.

Nope.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2007, 12:26 PM
    You cannot force him to relinquish his rights. You might be able to prevent or limit visitation, but only by going to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

How do I relinquish my parental rights as a father. My ex-wife has full custody and will not allow me near her or my child.

Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Richmond Va and have a 12 year old daughter. At this time my ex-husband has full custody of her . He called and informed me that she wanted to live with me full time which I already knew but he said the only way he would allow that to happen is if I got the paperwork drawn up for him to...

Here's my problem. Im 36 weeks pregnant and the father of the baby doesn't want anything to do with the baby. He wanted me to get an abortion and has said a bunch of stuff like he would pay support but he doesn't want to see or have anything to do with the baby. Then he said later that he wasn't...

My daughter is going to be three years old soon and her biological father has not been a constant in her life providing her with nothing emotionally or financially.My current partner is the only father she knows and has supported her.How can we get the biological father to sign over his rights?

Parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother. I have a three year old daughter. Her father has never had anything to do with her and has never saw her. We had a DNA test a couple of months before she turned three, in which he scheduled a different appointment so he would not see her. He tells me he does not ever want to...

View more questions Search