Oct 6, 2010, 10:32 PM

My child mother died, can I get custudy over the grandparent
    brichuck01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 10:44 PM
    Can I get custody
    My child mother died, can the dad get custody over grandparent
    brichuck01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 10:49 PM

Can someone help me. My daughter mother died, can I the (dad) get custody of my child, her grandparents have her they won't custody
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 02:55 AM

What was your legal status prior to the child's death, are you listed on birth certificate or been proven father though court ?

Did you have court appointed visits ?

Was or is there any reason why you could not have custody.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 03:39 AM

Normally unless there is a reason you can't get custody you should be able to get it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2010, 03:58 AM

Without details we can't help. First, ANY question about law needs to include your general locale as laws vary. Second, why don't you have custody now? Are you the legal father? Have you been a part of the child's life? Do you have joint legal custody? How long ago did she die? Without those details and more we can't help.

Please use the Answer options (not Comments) to provide follow-up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2010, 04:10 AM

I've merged your threads, please don't post the same question in different places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad died with a will then about a year later my mom died and had dementia [ 16 Answers ]

Is my dads will legal and binding because its what he wanted and my mom wasn't able to make one for herself

Mother died &willed assets to stepfather, he died, do I have any right to moms assets [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Florida. My mom died 1.5 years ago and left all her assets to my step-father. He died 4 months ago. I think he had a will because there is a bill for his funeral recorded at the clerks office that indicates "will on probate". We were not on good terms and I feel that my mother was...

Do I need to get a lawyer for a separation with custudy of our child. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married for almost 3 years with a 2 year old child. Me and my husband fight a lot mainly about communication that I feel he lacks. The only time he shows me affection is when he wants sex, recently he has shown me none. We have not had sex for about 4months I think. See that's a problem...

Mother fighting for custudy & is really needing advice [ 25 Answers ]

I left my husband with my children about 3 weeks ago and moved back to my home town. Which is about 2-3hrs from where we were living. It was a very negative & emotionally abusing environment for us. We had been gone for about 2 week and my husband asked if he could see the girls for a day and a...

Father paying child support to mother when daughter lives with dad's grandparents [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I don't know what to do he has a 15 year old daughter who lives with my husband's parents, she been living with them since 1994 when child services gave temporary custody to my husbands mom until the mom felt ready to get custody back. My husband didn't have the custody because he...

View more questions Search