Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkovacs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Refrigerator water line leak
    I have a GE Profile refrigerator model TFH30PR that developed a leak. The water line within the refrigerator that leads to the water dispenser developed a crack at the very beginning where it was connected to the inlet line I presume after a dual solenoid valve. I cut the cracked tubing off and reinserted it, and it is held in place by a plastic sleeve that seems to function like a compression sleeve. The piece I cut off looks like it has a very small ridge, and I’m worried that the ridge kept the plastic tubing from slipping out. It is not leaking now. Is this something I should be worried about? If so what would I need to do? Thank you for any advice you can provide.
    hcb35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jkovacs
    I have a GE Profile refrigerator model TFH30PR that developed a leak. The water line within the refrigerator that leads to the water dispenser developed a crack at the very beginning where it was connected to the inlet line I presume after a dual solenoid valve. I cut the cracked tubing off and reinserted it, and it is held in place by a plastic sleeve that seems to function like a compression sleeve. The piece I cut off looks like it has a very small ridge, and I’m worried that the ridge kept the plastic tubing from slipping out. It is not leaking now. Is this something I should be worried about? If so what would I need to do? Thank you for any advice you can provide.
    This is my EXACT problem. This line runs OUTSIDE the rear of the unit. The TOP plastic piece is a slip fit molded plastic (nylon) fitting. The bottom end of the plastic hose-pipe is heat formed into a gentle curve that is screwed into the inside threaded port of the blue valve.

Is this a replacement parts KIT, or is it something that a service technician must be called to provide on site service to fix?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 03:59 PM
    jkovacs, If you have the compression ring on it and it's not leaking you should have nothing to worry about. The ridge is on from the factory to keep the compression on during assembly
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
    hcb35, this is something you can do yourself.
    Mike1313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I have the same GE refrigerator & also have a leak.

The 1st leak is near the top of the backside, where the water line enters the unit. I believe the large plastic piece is cracked but could not find a part number to order to replace that.

The 2nd leak is at the bottome around the valve.

How did you guys repair that & what part numbers did you purchase?

Thanks,

Mike
    yodamon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Mike,

Did you ever find the top part where it slips on?
    I've got the same problem.

Thanks
    Greg
    tonyp14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1313 View Post
    I have the same GE refrigerator & also have a leak.

The 1st leak is near the top of the backside, where the water line enters the unit. I believe the large plastic piece is cracked but could not find a part number to order to replace that.

The 2nd leak is at the bottome around the valve.

How did you guys repair that & what part numbers did you purchase?

Thanks,

Mike
    I have a Kitchen-Aid (Sears) model ksrx25fhw01 (bot in 2006) The water supply (plastic/nylon) line where it enters the top of the fridge seems to be leaking from inside and is running down on the outside along the plastic line-I can see water built-up absorbed around the actual gasket where the line enters... any ideas here would be appreciated.
    nanapeter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Line is leakeing middle of line
    vettedog72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 05:45 PM
    I think enough GE Refrigerators have a line failure that they had/have a problem with the line quality they used to run the water from the inlet valve to the ice maker. I have two of these units and each one has the line broken in the bow near the bottom of the refrigerator. I wish GE had a "kit" for the repair.
    Davewo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 11:52 AM
    I also have a GE fridge with a water line leak in between t. The line is run right next to the compressor and the heat melted the plastic line causing a leak. The problem is getting to the line. I guess I'm going to have to empty the fridge and tilt it forward to gain access.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Water in refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

You have answered this question for several models. Can you tell me how to inspect, clean whatever the freezer drain on magic chef refrigerator model # cbt2123AR Thanks.

Refrigerator water line noise [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is 5 years old and about a month ago the refrigerator water line started banging between the wall and the refrigerator. It is very loud and you can watch the line jump. It happens about when water is turned off in the house, either the sink, toilet or washer. It only happens about 20%...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search