Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikemartin1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 04:40 PM
    How do I redo my computer to factory settings
    dano808080 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 04:45 PM
    Usually you need a set of DVDs from the computer manufaturer to do a fresh install. Call technical support for your comptuer and ask for a set of disks. They may charge a small fee for shipping/handling/production, but it's cheaper than a new computer.

Follow instructions to install, and start by inserting the first "boot" DVD and powering on the computer.

Save your data onto a DVD, CD, or USB stick first, including photos, as you will lose these. Better yet, make 2 copies and make sure you have it all.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Oct 3, 2010, 04:19 PM

What computer do you have?

If it's a self built machine you have to reload the windows the old fashion way.
    If it a pre-assembled machine like HP/ACER/COMPAQ they should have a button to press on start up to access the recovery feature. Very few companies still supply recovery disks. They give you the option to create it yourself..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I get a disc to reboot my computer to factory settings [ 5 Answers ]

I have a dell computer and its just filled with crap.I don't even know what half the stuff is. When I got the computer they gave me the wrong disc to reboot so now I'm kind of stuck.its a windows xp

How do I restart my computer to factory settings [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toshiba and would like to know howto restart it to factory settings, some one added a password and now I cannot do anything with my own computer.

Reset computer back to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to clean up my computer and did a recovery. Now all my files are gone, it won't let me restore to a previous time and I can't even get online.

How Do I Reboot My computer to factory settings? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to reboot my computer, I've given up on trying to fix it, I own a laptop Hp pavilion dv4000. I have two disc that I think might be the ones I need but I am not sure, One is Application and Driver Recovery DVD I tried it but all it did was reinstall a bunch of programs, I want my...

Rebooting computer to original factory settings [ 6 Answers ]

How do I reboot my computer to my original factory settings

View more questions Search