Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T_Bone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
    1994 TOYOTA CAMRY no spark
    I have a 1994 Toyota Camry with a 2.2L 4cyl. That was running like a top right up until it died last week. I have checked the fuel system. It appears that I am getting plenty of fuel. Checking the plugs shows that I am not getting any spark. I have checked the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. All look good. Running out of ideas. I am thinking maybe coil, cam shaft position sensor, or ignition control module, but I don't know how to test any of these. Any ideas on how to test or what is most likely the cause? I have checked the engine codes. No codes listed. CEL gives a constant steady pulse

Your help is greatly appreciated
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 01:35 PM

Perform the tests in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2123675
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 03:55 PM

Well I have about 20 techs in the shop here that would run (not walk) out to your car and throw a coil & condenser in it if they heard your story. That's the most common failure anyway.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 09:15 AM

T-belt?
    T_Bone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 05:34 AM
    After a few choice words and a couple scraped knuckles, I finally removed the distributor / coil assembly. Sure enough, the coil had two large cracks in it. Replaced the coil and she runs like a top again.

Thanks to everybody who provided input.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 04:16 PM

Thanks for getting back with us, T-bone. I sure hope you put a condenser in it while you were there. They're very cheap and can cause havoc when they start popping fuses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 toyota camry overheating when a/c on [ 0 Answers ]

I have a used 94 camry .for the first time I ran the a/c ancar started over heating an fluit can out of reisitvor.

1994 toyota camry warning lights [ 3 Answers ]

What does the little car with lines coming from the back of it mean?

1994 Toyota Camry Oil Pressure [ 6 Answers ]

The oil pressure light is on for my 1994 Toyota Camry LE - 4-Cylinder engine, built in Japan. Oil is full, so I took it to my mechanic to get sensor replaced. Turns out oil pressure really is low. Mechanic suggested filter screen in oil pan was clogged or oil pump was bad. Both repairs are...

1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

How to bypass a/c compressor to altenator on 1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder

What are possible causes for overheating 1994 Toyota Camry V6 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My Camry started to overheat a few days ago when sitting in traffic or moving at low speeds and as well there is a loud 'whirring' sound (like an old Jeep) coming from the engine when it gets hot. Travelling at highway speeds it appears fine and doesn't overheat. Coolant had been low...

View more questions Search