Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Safe decongestants for dogs
    I have a 5 year old ridgeback cross suffering with chronic allergic rhinitis. She has been under a vet and we have used antibiotics, zertec tablets, phenergan tablets and had some success but at the moment has a lot of mucos from the nose. Haven't tried natural products.would be willing to try natural remedies if anyone has had any success. With thanks Lee.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2010, 11:28 PM

The green bottle of Mucinex works great! My vet told me that its safe to use. Use only once a day (12 hours). For your dog, one tablet.

I use it on some of the rescue dogs when they come in with bad kennel cough. It works within the first couple hours.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 08:39 AM

What about bennadryl. It's for allergies, but my dog gets really goopy eyes from her seasonal allergies, and the Bennadryl works awesome.

I'm too familiar with any natural sinus remedy's besides vaporizers and mucinex.
    leeee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 03:25 AM
    Thanks guys haven't heard of mucinex but will check it out and give it a go .

Leeeee
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 04:37 AM

*** That was supposed to say that I WASN'T too familiar with remedy's sorry! :0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Advantage safe for small dogs? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello- I am new to the forum and have a quick question. If anyone could provide any insight, I would appreciate it. We had a 3 year old Pomapoo join our family about a month and a half ago, and upon bringing him home discovered that he had a major flea problem. It was so bad that if you parted...

Safe medicines for dogs [ 4 Answers ]

My dog has allergies he just turned 4 and ways about 17 pounds he is a boston terrier I need to know if I can give him human allergy medications and what ones

Safe medicines for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got one answer I need a few to vary my selection considering I don't have benadryl ty though Sarasis My dog has allegies and I need to know what human medications I can give him? He is 17 ibs and just turned 4. tyvm.

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Safe repellant against pooping dogs [ 2 Answers ]

:) undefinedI need a repellant formula to deter stray dogs from pooping on my lawn.

View more questions Search