Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeteW. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 09:37 AM
    Why can't I download CCleaner?
    Hello,
    I have tried several times to download CCleaner on to my XP desktop from various download firms. On most occasions the programme seems to download okay but then I can find no trace of it on my Drive C. I have searched using three different search programmes. Programmes but no trace can be found. I use Mozilla Frefox but I gather this app. Is compatible with the latest Moz. Download.

I am running Avira Suite, Ad Aware security, and SpyBot so is this a likely problem, please? Many thanks.

Peter Waugh
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 29, 2010, 11:00 AM

Have you been going to the Piriform website?

Downloads usually go to your most recent documents folder,you could also try to make a note of where its going as the window letting you know the location or destination comes up before it downloads.

If you go to the piriform website there are detailed instructions for downloading it.

Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!

You could also search within your computer for it.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 03:30 PM

As mentioned, try to use a system search

Also when you choose to download, choose the Open option and not Save - this will open the program when finished downloading and then can run the install from there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CCleaner Install Error [ 8 Answers ]

I've been using CCleaner for about a year now, ever since it was recommended on this site. It's my favorite application. I've notice a minor problem on all 3 of my computers (running XP SP3), when I get the message to update to a newer version. As I am going through the Update process, and I...

Is CCleaner is a good program to use? [ 6 Answers ]

Is CCleaner is a good program to use on my pc's like xp or vista? Once I use the program, should I keep it on the PC or should I take it off after Im done using it? Any thoughts

CCleaner v. 2.08.588 [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone who has downloaded this version of CCleaner had any problems with it that I should be aware about before I download it for my neighbor?:rolleyes:

CCleaner Updates: Do I need it? [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed CCleaner software on my computer for a while now and it's working perfectly fine. It helps a lot to get rid of issues in the registry and also to clean my computer. However, I was asked whether I would like to download the latest updates for CCleaner and, since everything is...

Using ccleaner [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently installed cc cleaner and noticed that there isn't a backup section in case this deletes or uninstalls something that is needed so I was wondering. When I use the cleaner to clean my machine does it uninstall or delete things that might be needed or hurt my computer or just useless...

View more questions Search