Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agarcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Lawn chief riding lawn mower forward and reverse
    The lawn mower will not go forward or reverse, What should I check to fix this problem?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Is the tow valve rod engaged? Have you checked the drive belt? It could be broken or off the pulley. Also it will not go forward or reverse if the park brake is engaged. Have you had a rear wheel of and not put the key back in?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Good answers there esquire1, I agree, a good place to start. But one question, what if any were the symptoms to the failure?
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 07:49 AM

Agreed good start The tow rod is used to manually push most mowers with a hydrostatic transmission (you just push a pedal/lever and it goes faster with more pressure) The tow rod is usually in the back of the mower but sometimes found underneath but always as part of the transmission. Check to make sure all the belts are in place and tight (with the clutch/break not engaged). Ensure each belt is in a route with the pulley and not riding against metal hangers ( they most likely are in place because you would normally smell burning rubber if they were rubbing) Good luck!
    wutafuta Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 07:51 AM

Also check these thing with the mower NOT running wouldn't want yah to lose a finger :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

Riding lawn mower manual

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftman Kohler 20 horse. Electric clutch. When you let the brake off will not stay running checked the brake switch it was good, checked the seat switch which was also good can not keep it running when you take the brake off.

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

Riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out what spark plug I need to buy for a True Value Lawn Chief riding lawn mower, 12 hp Bridge and Stratton, model # 284707, type#1026-e1, code 980629ZB. Can you please tell me what I will need. Thank you for your assistance.

View more questions Search