Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephie_leann Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 11:08 PM
    How do I get rid of this bump by my nose ring?
    I have had my piercing since December and a few months after that I got this weird bump under it. Sometimes its small and sometimes its big. I basically looks lyk a pimple but its not. It goes away and comes back. I really don't know what to do. Any ideas on how I can get rid of it?

Name:  S6302215.JPG
Views: 35275
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  S6302219.JPG
Views: 11746
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  S6302224.JPG
Views: 20261
Size:  47.9 KB

My nose ring is pink. Just to let you know so you won't think I have two bumps. Haha. Sorry they are kind of burry.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 14, 2010, 11:38 PM

It's probably a keloid. Have you gone back to the piercer to ask about it? They'll be able to tell you possible treatments, and if you need to remove the piercing and let it heal or not.
    stephie_leann Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 08:33 AM

Some lady looked at it at clairs and said it wasn't a keloid cause it had a head, I don't know what that meant. And my piercer said to get asprin and make it to a paste and put it on there for 15 minutes.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jun 15, 2010, 10:24 AM

Yes, do the aspirin. Sounds like a piercing pimple. It is very common. Never go to claire's they don't know what they are talking about.
    turtleurtle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 09:46 PM
    Change it to 14kt gold! I had the same problem and tried everything- tea tree oil, vitamin e, H2Ocean spray, aspirin, I even popped it and it would go away and come right back. I took the advice of a friend and changed my ring to a 14kt gold one and it went away within a week and never came back! I didn't try it at first because the original study was "high quality" stainless steel - but that doesn't matter if your body doesn't like it. Ebay has inexpensive 14kt nose rings - less than $20 and well worth it! I am trying to get this word out because I searched forums forever trying to fix it and I didn't really read any comments saying to change the nose ring. I must say, it hurt when I changed it but it healed up really quickly after being "infected" with a bump for nearly 5 months!
    mj267 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 11:11 PM
    It usually happens with all piercings that aren't cleaned REALLY REALLY WELL. Remember, this is a puncture in your skin. It is a wound, treat it like one. You need to make sure you are cleaning it properly then just leave it be. Especially in the first six months which are very vital to the healing of the piercing. For all those "bumps" that I had, I used a hot compress then cold compress (a hot rag and cold rag) and applied nothing else to the area except for a good wash with dial soap once in the morning. DO NOT PICK AT THE CRUSTYS THAT SURROUND THE PIERCING. All this is, is white blood cells that are surfacing, helping the wound to heal. They can be cleaned off with the compress or dial so just leave 'em otherwise! Once your piercing is healed, its rare that the bump comes back. It take a good amount of care though! Hope this helped!
    blaedenouya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 11:13 PM
    I have one to . I've asked every were they say its from bacteria and nothing u can do idiots-.-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on inside of nose from nose piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I have had my nose pierced for about two months now . It was pierced by the gun. I have heard that is bad. After 3 days I changed my nose pin. Then after one week I changed it again. After one month I had a big red blister outside my nose. I guess a blood blister? After popping it . The blister...

How can I get rid of the bump next to my new nose ring? [ 5 Answers ]

I had my nose pierced about two weeks and a couple days ago... and I have a bump just over the opening hole on the outside of my nose. I don't know what to do about it. My cleaning routine is: in the shower I clean it with white Dial bar soap, and use the H2Ocean spray right after. I use the spray...

Bump on nose piercing pushes ring out [ 5 Answers ]

So, I pierced my nose twice before already. I noticed some other people having the same bump I did however, when I had my bump, it would literally push out the ring. Both times I had it pierced it came out completely and couldn't get it back in. I want to pierce my nose again because I loved it...

Bump underneath my nose ring. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I got my nose pierced like a month and a half ago and for a few weeks now, I've had like a bump on my nose. I was told to just use my h2ocean spray and it hasn't really worked, I've been told to wash it with sea salt and nothing. Is it a keloid? Or will it go away. Most people who have...

View more questions Search