Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TommyTrip Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 08:04 AM
    I need to replace brake lines on my 1998 Dodge Dakota, how hard is this?
    I have a 1998 Dodge Dakota 2x4 3.9 extended cab, one of my brake line rotted out. How hard is this to replace and can you get lines pre-bent? What would a shop charge to replace?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:47 AM

Buy stock tubing, double flaring tool, and a pipe bender and you should be able to replace anything you need. It's best to use metric flare nut wrenches on all connections. It's not hard--just take your time. Afterwards, bleed the complete brake system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 dodge ram abs brake light is always on even though the park brake is off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1996 dodge ram 1500 and ABS brake light won't shut off even though the park brake isn't engaged could that be the ABS sensor need to be changed ?

Dodge Dakota brake lights [ 1 Answers ]

The brakes lights on my 1998 Dodge Dakota quit working, I have checked fuse , bulbs and wireing and can find no problem. Any help would be appreciated.

89 Dodge Dakota [ 5 Answers ]

3.9 89 Dodge Dakota usually starts well but may stall and be difficult to restart. Have replaced coil and spark plug wires also disconnected EGR valve. The problem is it dies while idling. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?

89 dodge dakota [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have an 89 dodge dakota truck 4 cyl If I put the clutch in it starts up just find But if I release the clutch while in neutral The motor dies anyone no what this could be? :mad: The clutch does not need to be pressed down to try to start it does attempt to start weather I have if...

89 dodge dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dakota 2.5 liter that is running very rough, it sounds like it is misfiring, I replaced the distributor and rotor, it is better but is still popping. Any advice would be very helpful.

View more questions Search