Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abhay Paradox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Health Insurance for parents above 70 yrs
    Hi,
    I am loooking for health insurance for both of my parents aged 72 and 66 yrs. I would prefer a family floater plan for parents wherein both are insured in the same insurance. I am having some difficulty in finding a plan for people aged above 70.

Can someone please advise?

I found a individual plan for my dad aged 72 in Star Health. Is this a reputed company , does anyone have any eperiences with them ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 08:05 AM

It would help if you could tell us where you are at.
    I have never heard of Star Health and have sold insurance for over 30 years.

In the US most people that age are on medicare and will have a medicare suppliment plan, or a managed care plan to replace medicare plan.

So telling us where you are at will help.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 8, 2009, 12:38 PM

I agree. I've also never heard of Star, and I work within medical billing, so its not available in my area.

Have you consulted any local insurance agents to determine your needs and budget restrictions?
    dearajju_007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 07:04 AM
    Hi... Star Health & Allied Insurance Co Ltd is India`s first insurance co which deals only in Mediiclaim Insurance. I think it is a very good company... they have settled my claims really very fast and need not to pay even a single rupee to hospital
    dearajju_007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 07:04 AM
    Hi... Star Health & Allied Insurance Co Ltd is India`s first insurance co which deals only in Mediiclaim Insurance. I think it is a very good company... they have settled my claims really very fast and need not to pay even a single rupee to hospital
    hcgecko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 02:05 AM
    If parents are on visitor visa then what are the options? How to cover for doctor or hospitalization in case of emergency?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

How can health insurance be made effective?

No health insurance [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting medical care that would involve maybe a MRI if I have no insurance and cannot afford such care?

Health insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is catherine,my husband is 65 years old and on social security and medicare he had a mass heart jan 16.2007 his income is about $1550.a month his co-pay for his medication is around $140.00 +rent $565.00 and other monthly payment $450.00 and $400.00 food for the two of us he is on a...

Do I still have health insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

I just turned 19 not too long ago, and my health insurance expired a couple of days ago. I used the insurance to get birth control, that my mom doesn't know about. My insurance was also dependent on my mom's. I heard somewhere that once someone turns 19, they can no longer be signed with their...

No Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is 25 and has cancer. She doesn't have any health insurance. Are there programs that can help get her medical attention.

View more questions Search