Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumboldfatguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 12:25 AM
    Trane XR80 furnace intermittent problem
    I have a Trane XR80 furnace. The furnace works fine sometimes, and other times is will not light. I get no error on the LED indicator on the main board. The ignitor gets hot but the furnace will not light. It appears that there is no gas getting to the burners. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Where could I find a schematic of the furnace wiring?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 04:48 AM
    Look on the back side of the blower access door for the schematic since they all leave the factory with one.

An intermittent problem is the worst kind to have. You might clean the flame sensor with some fine sand paper or steel wool since this is a no cost item. If that does not help then you will have to sit at the furnace with an electric meter attached to the gas valve and wait for the failure to se if it is the gas valve or the 24 volt signal supply that is missing going to the gas valve. As you can see this is not an option for most people and since your circuit board is not indicating trouble you just might have to wait for a failure or be foolish like some people and start replacing parts that you do not know are defective.
    Attached Images

Feb 18, 2010, 07:46 PM
    The furnace was working fine for a while again, but yesterday it acted up again. I cleaned the flame sensor and it seems to be working for now. I cleaned it before and it worked for a while, then started acting up again. I guess time will tell. It seems to be fine now. Thanks for the info.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 07:52 PM
    See this thread also

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...em-448053.html

Feb 18, 2010, 08:20 PM
    This is great info. Thanks hvac100. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it keeps running properly. Thanks again for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XR80 Furnace will not stay lit [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a 6 year old Trane XR80 furnace that will not stay lit. It will light for about 2-3 minutes than will go out. It will stay out until the system is turned off for a significant amount of time. The filters are new and I have cleaned the burner parts. What other things can I check?...

Trouble shooting a Trane xr80 Furnace [ 13 Answers ]

My furnace is blinking 3 times and won't turn on. I have a Trane XR80 and no manual or trouble shooting codes. Could somebody please tell me what it means when it blinks red 3 times and won't turn on? Thanks... very cold:confused:!!

Trane furnace XR80 [ 0 Answers ]

Sorry in my last question I forgot to list the model of trane I have. Its Trane XR80 and the furnace cuts on and off a few seconds apart. The red light blinks 2 times. Any suggestions? Cold air here

Blinking light on Trane XR80 furnace [ 1 Answers ]

What does the blinking light on a Trane XR80 furnace mean? And how do I fix it?

Trane XR80 Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My Trane XR80 furnace is only blowing cold air. The diagnostic light is bllinking 6 times which, I think, means the 115 volt polarity is reversed. Is this something I can fix or do I need a repairman?

View more questions Search