Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marleymanbobz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 08:18 PM
    In my 91 honda accord the starter spins but the engine doesn't turn over
    When I turn the key the starter engages but the motor doent turn over at all. Thinking maybe the timing belt came off but not sure.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 08:21 PM

How many miles on the car? As I remember Honda requires a new timing belt at around 60K miles. If you have lost the timing belt it is quite likely that you have also destroyed at least the top end of the motor. Good luck.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 08:22 PM

Remove the oil filler cap, have someone crank the starter motor, and observe if the camshaft rotates or not. Since it's an interference engine, the valves and pistons are likely toast, if the timing belt broke.
    marleymanbobz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 08:27 PM

Thanks for the help! I will check it tomorrow n reply!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine dies while driving and engine doesn't turn on restart honda 98 civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 civic lx with a manual and tonight I was driving and the car just turn off on me while driving at 70km/h in 4th gear. Then tried boosting the battery but every time I tried to start it the engine didn't even turn at all. Some possiblilities I thought of was that the battery is...

99 honda accord starter [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the starter on my 1999 accord and I got to the step where I am supposed to take the mounting bolts off but I can't figure out how to do this I have tried a couple of different sized torque wrenches but none seem to work is there a trick to this or something?? please help

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

Honda accord starter [ 1 Answers ]

My 1996 honda accord vtec 1.6 won't start when it is hot. I replaced starter and it was good for a week when the car is hot it won't start but when I tap on the starter it starts right up is it my starter or what else can it be

96 honda accord engine will not turn over [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Honda Accord LX and the engine will not turn over however the battery is working (tried to jump and still did not start) in addition the radio comes on when you turn the key. I am thinking it is the starter. I looked up some things and this site said to look at the ACG (S) Fuse......

View more questions Search