Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drummerbear26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Replacing Lennox Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat
    I have a Lennox T90H110A137 Thermostat with the following terminal letters and wire colors:

G - blue wire
    F - red wire
    C - green wire
    H - yellow wire
    V - white wire

I want to install a Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat. According to the RTH6300B Installation guide, it tells me to ignore wire color and only use the letter designations. The Installation guide has these letter designations:

G
    W/OB
    NOT USED
    Y
    R
    Rc

It further says to use this chart if the labels do not match up:

C or X B - Do Not Connect
    G or F
    W or W1 H O B
    Y or Y1 M
    R or RH 4 V
    Rc or R

Given that information, I have been able to match all but one wire up:
    C=C - Do Not Connect
    G=G
    R=V
    W=H

My question is, given that the Lennox has both G and F and the Installation Guide says G or F, am I suppose to hook both G and F to the G terminal or just the G wire to the G terminal?

Thanks in advance for your help
    JasonHoldenCO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 05:38 PM
    Did you ever figure this out? I have the same question.
    cdquikmc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2015, 07:19 PM
    T-90H110A137
    I know this post is old, but I just replaced this same unit successfully, so I figured I'd get some karma out of it and make it easy for anyone else looking.

Just to clarify, it's an ITT General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. I have a forced air heat and cooling system, which is also Lennox.

The main issue is the letters/labeling for each terminal does match "modern" standards. In addition, my wiring did match the colors either, so it was a combination of research and guesswork to get it to work. (Two disclosures: I'm not a professional as this is the first thermostat I've replaced and I changed this is March, so I didn't run the A/C for long.)

You can probably ignore the wire colors (in parentheses) but I included them just in case.
    Old Lennox - (Wire color) - New Thermostat - [Function/what it does]
    G - (Orange) - C - [Ground]
    F - (Blue) - G - [Fan]
    C - (White) - Y - [Cooling/Compressor]
    H - (Green) - W - [Heat]
    V - (Red) - RcRh - [Power/Voltage]

Looking at the old labeling, it makes a lot more sense since the letters actual mean something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Honeywell Thermostat in place of old Lennox [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox thermostat 67K4801 with numbers > and 3AAT89B38G1. > (Y1 G. O. R. L. T. C. W1. E.) I just purchased a Honeywell Programmabel to replace the old Lennox. The wiring instruction booklet shows all alternate wiring combination, except how to connect the T terminal. Please help! ...

Replacing old honeywell thermostat with new programmable [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of replacing an old honeywell thermostat (Q539A1014) that was installed by a HVAC prof. about two years ago. We wanted to upgrade to a programmable thermostat. We purchased a RTH6300B Honeywell. I was told by the home improvement store this was compatible and...

Replacing Honeywell thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Thank you for your help in advance. Just bought a Honeywell programmable thermostat RTH7400 to replace an older Honeywell mercury thermostat (I think its model is Honeywell Heat Pump thermostat 8919) My old one had: G, Y, R, O, W2, X, E The manual's Alternate wiring scheme (for...

Replacing Janitrol Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace my manual Janitrol Model HPT 18-60 thermostat with a Honeywell Programmable Model CT3500 thermostat. My Heat Pump is a Trane TWR012-042C The 6 wires connected to the Janitrol thermostate are: Y, W2, G, R, O, C How do I connect these six wires to the Honeywell that...

Please Help w/Replacing Honeywell Thermostat... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've just removed my Honeywell Thermostat and am trying to replace it with a Noma programmable tstat... but am having problems with the wiring. There are 5 wires coming out of the wall - Green, Black, Orange, Red and White, and only 4 posts on the Noma tstat (Green, Red, Yellow and White). ...

View more questions Search