Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 10:45 AM
    General electric motor wiring diagram
    I have A trane electric firnace the blower motor has a red and black feed to a three wire plug which black goes to conpassitor to motor with yellow from other side of conpassitor to motor,red and white go into motor.The replacement motor has a brown and brown white stripe along with black,red,blue and yellow the blower has always run as single speed how would I wire the new motor? What are the brown wires? Thank-you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 11:14 AM
    Look on the side of the new motor they come with a wiring diagram on the side of the motor. The new motor brown and brown with white stripe are stand alone capacitior wires the should be hooked the new capacitor you bought or should have bought at the same time you got your new motor. The red and black go to the same terminals as the power wires from the other motor went to. They are for the 240 volt supply.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Yep,, explained extreamly well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram GE electric motor. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old GE motor that I would like to use at 115 volts. This motor is currently wired for 220 volts. The cover plate has the diagram listing the information but is unreadable. The current wiring configuration is as follows: Tied together are (2,3) (6,7) (5,9) and (8,10) Leads 1 and 4 are...

Wiring for a general electric thermostat # 3AAT80B1A1 [ 5 Answers ]

I have a general electric weathertron thermostat model number 3aat80b1a1 or 2a1 both numbers are listed. I am changing to a digital thermostat but the letters on the old one and my new one are not the same. My new one is a hunter touch screen model 44860 for a 2 stage heating and ac. Can you help...

GE motor wiring diagram missing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a GE explosion-proof motor #5KC35PN96X TEC NV, class A, 1/4hp, 1725, 115/230, 4.2/2.1, 60c ph1, fr4, CW/CCW. The wiring diagram( sticker on housing) is too faded to read. This motor is still available new but no website I have tried has any info on schematics. It has 8, 18ga...

Blower motor wiring diagram [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lennox central air conditioner manufactured in 85 I need to replace my blower motor and need the wiring diagram

View more questions Search