Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mirandalr22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Dyson's brush doesn't spin
    Why does my dyson sweeper's brush turn I've cleaned the brush as well as everything else made sure it wasn't cloged anywhere and the brush still does not turn would that maybe mean the belt is broke?? /
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Yes, the belt broke. You will have to replace the belt before the roller can spin. You must have run over something in the carpeting like string or whatever to have it break. Happens all the time. Get several replacement belts to keep as spares while you're at it as nothing is worse then having to vacuum and no spare belts.
    saratogans Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandalr22
    why does my dyson sweeper's brush turn I've cleaned the brush as well as everything else made sure it wasn't cloged anywhere and the brush still does not turn would that maybe mean the belt is broke???/
    On ours, we called Dyson directly and they took us through a step by step process on checking for a reason, before buying parts. It turned out by pressing a reset button it would spin.
    Thuey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 05:07 PM

Yes, most likely the belt is broken. You can get replacement Dyson Belts here: Replacement Dyson Belts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paint Brush Cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

How do I clean dried latex paint from paintbrush in order to reuse the brush?

Whirlpool Gold gsq9364hqo doesn't always spin on the spin cycle. [ 2 Answers ]

Whirlpool Gold gsq9364hqo doesn't always spin on the spin cycle. The motor runs but the basket doesn't spin. If I lift the lid the motor stops, then something (clutch or pawl?) catches and if I put the lid back down than it starts spinning correctly every time. Any ideas?

Bleeding while brush my teeth [ 2 Answers ]

I constantly find blood on my toothbrush while I am brushing my teeth in the morning. Just a little, but quite often. Am I lack of certain Vitamins?

Brush lettering on a wall [ 3 Answers ]

So, we decided that it was time for my son to get a new bed and since he shares a room with his sister, it would make sense to get bunk beds and give them more space. Well, that lead to... since we're taking everything out of the room lets shampoo the carpet... okay, let's paint too,. okay, so, I...

Type of Brush for Lab [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, What type of brush do you recommend using on a lab. He is 9 months old and we have noticed parts of his fur are turning brown. I think it is the dead hair as when I touch the hair and pull a little it just falls off. TIA

View more questions Search