Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyimp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Startup money for a business
    Hi,
    My name is Jenni and it is my dream to own my own company. Ive found the business of my dreams which is currently on the market, how ever I haven't got very good credit history and I'm finding it hard to come up with the asking price, or in fact any where near it! Where should I look to find finance, its not a mortgage on the premises that I need or a grant to start up or advance a business, but the money to buy the company. Please help, other wise in a matter of weeks I will be found rocking in a corner muttering to myself,
    Thanks for your time in looking into this,
    Jenni x
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2006, 08:29 AM
    First, We know you need help otherwise you wouldn't be posting. By using a descriptive subject you help attract people who can help. A subject like Funding purchase of business whould have been better.

Have you tried the Small Business Agency (www.sba.gov) They can provide info on business loans. You will probably need to come up with a business plan to show you can operate this business. You can find help to prepare that at www.score.org.
    crazyimp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Hi ScottGem,
    Thank you for your reply, this is my first time on this website, so your tips are appreciated. Im just about to look at those website address' now, I hope they can be as much help as you suggest. Please let me know if there is anything else you think of,
    Jenni
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Hi Jenni,
    There are several ways you can go about this. Fist let me bgin by saying don't waste your time and money with venture capitals or book that say government grants are plentiful. None of them actually work or are easy. Now getting back to helping you. If time allows look into getting a partner who is interested in a hands off policy if you are qualified to run the business profitably, give them a percentage of the monthly net. Not a partner but an investor. Second, speak with the seller and see if they are willing to lease the business at a reasonable rate for maybe several months with a payoff when the business is up and running. Now, how do you go about this. You first have to know what you doing in that business, have the knowledge to run it profitably. Next look at their books, see how the business was doing. Not every business sells or closes due to age or sickness, some close because their actually isn't a market anymore no matter how you feel about succeeding. If after you have all the facts then talk to the sellers in an intelligent unemtional manner just facts and figures and tax benefits to them for doing it this way with you. If you need any help putting a plan together let me know and I will walk you through it and or meet with yourself and them and we'll get you up and going hopefully.
    Respectfullu
    John
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 08:29 AM
    I would not borrow money to start a biz. Too many people do it and end up broke and in debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Startup.. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Yes guys need help... I can't stop a folder from opening when the windows startup... but this folder isn't like this before... I wonder why...

Startup what's going on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Why does my computer tell me setup is updating configuration files every time I start up regardless and takes about 2mins to get past this before loading windows, I am using win98se. :confused:

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search