Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Garmandokel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 09:41 PM
    My gas furnace won't come on.
    Hello everyone,
    I have a questsion about my furnace, it won't run when thermostat calls for it.
    The pilot light is on, but when I try to raise the temp nothing happens.

My furnace is a forced air Lennox model G12RQ3E-82-6

Could it be a faulty Gas valve?

Thank you for your kind response,

Luis G.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2006, 10:23 PM
    What does happen when you turn up the thermostat?
    Have you checked the breaker the gives power to the furnace?
    If you have power did you check your transformer to see that it is getting power?
    Did you check the transformer to make sure it is putting out low voltage?
    Did you check your door to make sure it was depressing the door switch?
    Did you check the door switch to see if it was letting power through?
    Have you reset all of your flame roll out switches and other protection switches.

Give me more information
    Garmandokel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    What does happen when you turn up the thermostat?
    Have you checked the breaker the gives power to the furnace?
    If you have power did you check your transformer to see that it is getting power?
    Did you check the transformer to make sure it is putting out low voltage?
    Did you check your door to make sure it was depressing the door switch?
    Did you check the door switch to see if it was letting power through?
    Have you reset all of your flame roll out switches and other protection switches.?

Give me more information
    Hi,
    Thank you for your fast response. Yes I have checked the transformer it has power 120v in & 27.5v going out. Basically nothing happens, it was working fine & all of a sudden it won't work. Touching both wires together at the thermostat does not help either. I just don't get it my pilot light is lit, I can turn the control for the fan by hand and it blows, but burners won't ignite.

Thanks again,:(
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2006, 09:47 PM
    Where the white wire (from the thermostat) comes into the furnace, you will have to trace the voltage all the way to the gas valve to find out what device is open. My guess would be a cam-stat fan limit control is bad.
    Flames fan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 06:59 PM
    I just had the same problem. The pilot was on steady, but the main burner wouldn't kick in. I tried shutting off the breaker for about 5 or 10 minutes, no luck. The display on my thermostat looked good, but I replaced the AA batteries anyway. Success ! I just saved an expensive service call, and a lot of embarrassment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 nights my furnace has been blowing out cold air. I have a furnace which is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the piolet. I did everything from cutting off the gas valve and power to furnace. When I restarted everything back up, the furnace came on but no air...

Furnace won't come on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a montgomery wards 700 furnace, its natural gas and has no ehaust assist fan and it has a summer fan switch. ( the house is new to me) at first the furnace didn't start. But if you bypassed the thermostat it did. So I purchased a lux heat only model and it started , looked like it ran...

Home gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My gas home heating system turns of suddenly and the desired temperature has not been reached. This started happening 2 days ago. When we go to bed we lower the temperature to 58 degrees and when we are up in the morning we raise the temperature to 68 degrees. Yesterday morning I raised...

Gas furnace [ 14 Answers ]

Igot a 1972 carrer furnace it catches fire at the spud part of burner I got 11.5 inch watter column preasure on line you can cut it off turn it back on and it burns good blaze looks good I need some comet on air ajustment or what might be causing this I have cleaned the burners , thanks.

Furnace Blower won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not staying on. I can set my thermostat for say 74 degrees and the furnace will come on normally. I can hear and see the furnace on, but it takes roughly one minute (ive timed it) before the blower comes on. I know the minute delay is pretty normal;...

View more questions Search