Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anieve Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Can the custodial parent get in trouble for lying on child support documents?
    Can the custodial parent be charged with fraud for lying on the court documents stating her expenses and income? She has listed that she pays daycare for a 12 year old that babysits her other children to a family member. Also I believe the amount she listed to her new husbands income is lower than it really is. Is there any way to take this back to court and make her prove this?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 08:03 AM

Sure - anyone can be prosecuted for lying to court. Its called perjury and it's a felony.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2009, 08:06 AM

Generally, in such cases there is a requirement to produce documentation of income; pay stubs, tax returns, etc. If no documents were produced why didn't you ask for them?

As for the babysitter, that will be hard to prove false.

But, as Steve said, lying in court is perjury. But you need to prove it before the state will prosecute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting child support form non custodial parent [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an open case in Claifornia for a few years now. I was awarded $284 a month and have not reaceived a penny. The non custodial parent has a job but no proof and then tells the system he has no job at all. The outcome of not paying support is so far... suspension of license, bad credit, and...

Changing custodial parent & child support [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 17 will be 18 in November.He lives with his mother and I pay child support to her.He wants to live with me(Her husband has verbally abused my son for 11 years)He wanted to do this 2 years ago but they talked him out of it.I want him to live with me.My question is how to I go about...

Child support issue-Child no longer with custodial parent [ 22 Answers ]

My child is 18 yrs old and is no longer living with her mother.I am paying child support in New Hampshire and have recently learned through a subpoena that my daughter is living in New York state. Can child support charge me in 2 states on the same child? What steps can I take to have the child...

Child support/custodial parent moves in with boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I just got ordered by court to pay $200 a week in child support for my one daughter. Now I find out from my 9 year old daughter that her mommy's boyfriend has been living with them and now are moving into other house. He is paying for everything. My question is can my child support be...

View more questions Search