Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptJeff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 06:45 PM
    Halsey Ceiling Fan Remote Probs
    I also have a Halsey, dated 2001. I just recently encountered the same problems, but how do I know if it's the receiver or the remote transmitter? I can't get the fan OR the lights to work now. I've made sure the digital freqs are the same, and other combinations don't seem to help. Any suggestions short of replacing the whole fanm dam? Is Halsey currently being sold under another name?
    Thanks...
    CJ
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 09:17 PM
    I believe Halsey makes Regency and Modern Fan Co fans, but I could be mistaken. They are a manufacturer that has supplied many name brands over the years including Hampton Bay, rarely are their fans marked with their own name.

There's a post here with more information:

http://ada19851985.proboards25.com/i...0772903&page=2

Assuming that the indicator light still works on the remote, the problem is usually the receiver. The only way to test for sure is to try a universal remote, but even then you don't know for sure if you have the correct matching frequency.

What problems are you having, exactly?

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    gdawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJeff
    I also have a Halsey, dated 2001. I just recently encountered the same problems, but how do I know if it's the receiver or the remote transmitter? I can't get the fan OR the lights to work now. I've made sure the digital freqs are the same, and other combinations don't seem to help. Any suggestions short of replacing the whole fanm dam? Is Halsey currently being sold under another name?
    Thanks...
    CJ
    Did you find it. I need the same
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 10:54 PM
    No new information about Halsey, I am sorry. You can try contacting Regency or buying one of their remotes. I forget what other makes of fans Halsey supplies, but it is a lot of them.
    sbennett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJeff
    Thanks...
    CJ
    I have the same crappy fan and remote that don't work did you ever find a way to fix it?
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Other than buying a Universal remote, or attempting to contact Halsey, no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control [ 34 Answers ]

?? Hi I have a hampton bay sidewinder ceiling fan that came with a wall mount remote control. I wanted to have a hand held remote control, so went and purchased a remote control that came with its own receiver (hunter). I replaced the original receiver with the new receiver. The hand held...

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Help with installing a ceiling fan with remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton bay northport lll 52 " ceiling fan. It has a remote control with it, I have no clue where the wires go to install the receiver. It has a white, black, and blue wire on the output side A white, and red wire ont the input side? Can anyone help me with this... Thank you...

Ceiling fan w/ remote issue... [ 4 Answers ]

I bought some long life fluorescent lights for my fan with remote. After I tried to power the lights on it flashed on, then off. Now, neither the fan nor the lights will power on with the remote or the pull strings. It only occurred after this happened that the lights won't work with dimmers. ...

Adding remote to ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a hampton Bay ceiling fan. If I install a remote control unit to unit, will it work the way it should or does that unit have to be factory installed? :confused: Patou

View more questions Search