Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    secretss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 04:14 AM
    Can't get Alias directive to work on Apache
    Hi, I'm new at setting up web servers so please be gentle with me, thanks!

My DocumentRoot is located at C:\Music, but I want to have my photo collection in my D drive to be up on the web as well. I have in my httpd.conf:

Code:
    DocumentRoot "C:\Music"
    Alias /Photos "D:\Photos"

<Directory "C:\Music">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
    But the alias isn't working. When I go to cPanel All I see are the folders under C:\Music.

The tutorial I followed to set up my web server is here. I do not have PHP, JSP and/or MySQL installed. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thank you!
    secretss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 05:21 AM
    Oh, wait. It does work. When I enter the url into the address bar, it does show me the photos in the D drive.

I thought it didn't work because I assumed the aliased directory will show up as a link on the parent directory page together with my music files from DocumentRoot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PHP, MySQL, apache l [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Understanding Child Support Directive [ 2 Answers ]

In my separation agreement (Massachusetts) I, as the NCP, have an article which speaks to Child Support. In brief it has 4 bullet points which say: A) No past of future claims to alimony B) A payment directive which says I pay X amount weekly. C) Obligation of amount is terminated on death...

Php, apache, mysql [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Working Time Directive [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to sum this up? I need it for a business project and the intetrnet is REALLY confusing me! Any help would be fantastic!

His Apache Name [ 3 Answers ]

Geronimo was the name given to him by the Mexicans but what was is Apache name?

View more questions Search