Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayaofek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 05:45 AM
    Ethics examples
    What are examples of ethical dilemmas in business?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 05:45 AM
    Is this homework?

Sep 19, 2009, 05:53 AM
    No
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 08:08 AM

You work for a company where your mother also works, you find she is stealing money from the company, what do you do

Sep 19, 2009, 09:15 AM
    More examples?
    CliffordK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
    There are many types of ethical dilemmas one might run into.

For example, what are the limits of individual rights, and business control.

Drug testing may be important in many occupations to ensure a safe working environment. But... for example testing for weed. Should a test on Monday take into account what the person did in the privacy of their own home during the preceding weekend if they are not under the influence at work? Should a hair test be utilized to test for activities months before?

In IT, is there an obligation to report inappropriate photos that don't affect one's job?

Once, at work we had general contractor and subcontractor information that was stored separately on a single server. Even though I was working for the subcontractor, doing IT, I needed access to both shares. At one point, my Boss demanded access to the General Contractor's shares on the server. My reply was that the access would only be given with specific permission from the General Contractor. I could have lost my job had I not kept an archival e-mail indicating my Boss's original agreement to this structure when the share was originally created.

Nepotism is a unique situation. One can, of course, give the best references to friends and family members, and thus help them get jobs. However, such a policy necessarily puts "outsiders" who may be well qualified at a disadvantage.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2010, 04:42 PM

Here are a few examples of poor ethics:
    - giving a promotion to a friend or relative when someone else is more qualified;
    - betraying a trade secret, particularly if it's for personal gain (such as selling the information to a competitor);
    - misappropriating money.
    - using inside information to make a stock trade

A lot of these are also against the law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Describe how personal ethics relate to organizational ethics. [ 3 Answers ]

How do personal ethics relate to organizational ethics?

3 examples [ 2 Answers ]

What are 3 examples that casey anthony keep talking in past tense about her daughter Caylee

How do personal ethics relate to organizational ethics? [ 1 Answers ]

How do personal ethics relate to organizational ethics?

Examples of fallacies [ 2 Answers ]

What are examples of a fallacy from a newspaper editorial and an opinion magazine?

Case Law Examples [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a University assignment and I would like to have as many examples as possible of "Shareholders vs Directors" past cases. I thank in advance all those who can help me.

View more questions Search