Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMY JACKSON Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 02:44 AM
    Is it healthy to have your teeth filed down?
    I have this small (HUGE) problem. I am an outgoing kind and beautiful young lady. I have perfect skin, nice hair, amazing eyes, and a nice personality to match it all. A lot of guys are attracted to me; until I open my mouth.

My teeth are in very good condition, the health. But I sucked on my index finger growing up, now my two front teeth are uneven, it seems as if ones larger than the other.

Instead of braces I wanted to get it filed down. But I need to know if its healthy. And will it make a difference. Could someone answer my question, WITH DETAILS?? :confused:
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 02:48 AM

Go to see a dentist, he'll be able to advise you after having thoroughly examined your teeth.

EDIT: oops, sorry, read flossie's post instead :o
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 05:06 AM

Most dentists will not "file down" teeth. You should go have a consultation with an orthodontist.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Jul 21, 2009, 03:04 PM

Id only file a tooth down if it was sharp, or a VERY small amount... your best bet is braces, it will probably be a quick treatment if its just uneven teeth.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 03:17 PM

I think you should file down your ego before you even touch your teeth.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 03:48 PM

I would think that would cause the enamel to be ruined and your teeth/tooth exposed which would lead to your teeth/tooth rotting much quicker.
    WayTooMuch Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2009, 06:00 PM

Without seeing it in person, it's difficult to give you advise. Pending on how much of a difference there is between your two front teeth, IT CAN BE filed down to a point.

Enameloplasty is done often in cosmetic dentistry to correct anatomical differences. You can't adjust too much because if it gets into the inner layer (dentin), then you'll feel discomfort/sensitivity.

Another option is to ADD a "white filling" (composite) to the other tooth that is shorter.

Another option is to place two porcelain crowns on the two front teeth.

Another option can be veneers...

Another option is Invisalign...

Many options in dentistry...

You must consult with a dentist in person... as matter of fact, go to multiple consultations and find a dentist you feel the most confidence with.

You are a cosmetic patient/case, wouldn't be a bad idea to locate an America Academy of Comestic Dentists (AACD) in your area:

AACD

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I haven't filed for 2003 and 2006 but filed the other years [ 2 Answers ]

I am Bill and I looking to get information on how too file taes for the years 2003 and 2006 where do I go to file for those years thank you Bill

Healthy teeth and pre-term labor. [ 10 Answers ]

I currently do not have dental insurance. I was entitled to a free check-up because I am pregnant. No cavities but I have gum disease that the dentist said could have been brought on by the pregnancy. He said I cannot take medication for it, but could get a deep cleaning. What are the odds...

Wrong Tax form filed by f-1 student. Filed 1040 instead of 1040NR. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a dilemma and I will really appreciate your help. I am a student/f-1 visa holder (non-resident alien). Last week I used an online website (File my taxes for FREE! with FreeTaxUSA) to file tax returns and realized that the website used Form 1040, and PA-40 - 2007 (for...

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

Filed 1040 in 2005 instead of 1040NR: Which form should be filed for 2006? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US in Fall 04 and since then have been continuously on an F-1 student visa. I filed form 1040NR-EZ for 2004, but for 2005 I hired a CPA who (without informing me) filed a 1040 on my behalf. In there, he claimed an education credit (or something to that effect) which effectively...

View more questions Search