Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deyhere Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 12:33 PM
    TV sound not working
    The sound quit on my 9 yr. old RCA TV with two external speakers quit, giving me only static on all channels. All the speaker wiring appears OK. Any reason why this could have happened?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 06:14 PM

Have you tried to use just the built in speakers?
    deyhere Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 06:16 AM
    I could not detatch the wiring from the outside speakers or from the back of the TV, so no, I was not able to try the TV's built in speakers. HOWEVER, I unplugged the TV for several hours. For whatever good reason, this brought the sound back to my TV. HOORAY!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The sound on my laptop isn't working? [ 1 Answers ]

Why isn't the speaker in my laptop not working?

Pc sound not working after reinstallation [ 3 Answers ]

My PC sound was working perfectly fine before my system crashed but after I reinstalled XP Pro the entire PC sound is off, I tried checking under control panel etc... but I can't access any help or get it back to functionality... Please Help

Sound not working [ 1 Answers ]

Sounds stopped working. I tried reinstalling sound board (Sigma Tel) with no success. They had been working but just stopped.

Sound just stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Out of the blue as far as I can figure, I lost sound from system today. No new software or hardware was installed. I am running XP Pro SP2, on a Dell, 2 GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, Pentium 4 3 GHz processor. The mute button is not checked. In device manager, there are no errors reported. I...

Sound not working [ 1 Answers ]

I recently re-formated my computer and the sound work before I formatted it, but now I has no playback and it tells me to add hardware but it still doesn't work... ITs also in the sounds and audio devices properties it says NO AUDIO DEVICE. So please help me

View more questions Search