Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coryn Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Muffled hearing
    Hello and thank you in advance to any help,

2 weeks ago I woke up with muffled hearing. I took some Sudafed and cleaned my ears with Similsan ear cleaning drops. The problem got better but then came back. I saw a doctor. She checked my ears. No wax and my inner ear color was good so likely no infection, she sent me home. The problem seems to come and go so I haven't made a big deal. I will soon be a teacher and today in my field classroom I could not hear the children really well. I am worried now. It feels sort of like when you are on an airplane and all you hear is white noise and it is difficult to hear other things. Maybe congestion due to seasonal allergies? Anything else? I am worried I may be slowly losing my hearing or going deaf. Help please. I have a referral to see an ENT but I may not get in for a week or more and I am feeling a little anxious.

Coryn
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 11, 2006, 02:24 PM
    I have had this problem before. I was slightly congested, kind of felt like I was getting a cold. Ended up being some kind of sinus infection. It will go away (if this is indeed what it is), but you might want to get some kind of amoxycilin (sp?) in your system to clear the infection more quick.
    I was pregnant at the time, so I could not take anything but some kind of generic cold medicine that the dr. prescribed to me. So I had it for like two months! I was not a happy camper!
    Good luck to you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
    It sounds as though you may have an inner ear infection. You can try sudafed along with some benadryl to help "dry" it up. However, I do believe that an antibiotic, prescribed by your doctor, is your best remedy.

You do not want to fool with your hearing. If you have a problem left untreated it could cause permanent loss of hearing to one extent or another.
    Coryn Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Thanks. v. good advice. Definitely don't want permanent damage.
    AngelBaby13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 12:09 AM
    Coryn you most likely have fluid in them sweety I have been going through it for 3 going on four months went deaf went to hospital she clean big globs of wax out then I had otitis then dbl infection in both and now remaining fluid in them I'm sure your ent will guide you through your journey prey and stay calm and Don't SELF TREAT that's how I got fluid in my ear and hurt it worse you just have to trust your ent and ill be thinking of you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Hearing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been browsing through the forums and have seen some great advice, so I would like to post my situation in hopes of receiving some of that advice myself. Rather typical situation as the other threads that have popped up on here. I am on probation. 6 years. I wrote 2 false...

In prison for hearing [ 7 Answers ]

What happens when someone is in prison for a hearing?

Question about divorce hearing... HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I am deathly afraid to talk in front of others, in fact I did not continue my college education because I am afraid of speaking in in front of others. My lawyer just informed me that I will have to take the stand at the divorce hearing in front of many people. I am very nervous and already losing...

View more questions Search