Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dacajclhc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Error code F 01 on Whirlpool Duet Washer
    Whirlpool Washer will not run... Error code F 01??
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 19, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Google is your friend :)

From what I found, looks like the computer may be blown.
    If you remove the front bottom panel there should be a tech manual in there that describes the codes.

Before you order a new part... for fun, try unplugging it for 20 minutes, then plug it back in. see if clears the code.
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 04:32 PM
    I would not in any way try to repair this your slef as stated in frist coment if you do you will void any and all warenty on this all you have to do is push cancle and hold it for 10 seconds if this does not work repeat this 3 times still not working un plug for a few min then plugh back in if still not working try the cnacle and hold again if it still will not work I would call the company and give them your model and seral number to see if your still have any kind of waretny on this there still might be warenty on the parts if it is over a year old if you do any repairs your slef on this you have just voided any and all warenty on this
    v111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 08:25 AM
    After about year and half Whirlpool duet sport gave F01 error code. The technician manual is located under the lower front panel. There are three possible reasons for F0:
    1) EEPROM ERROOR. Unplug a washer for two minutes. Try running it again. (Did not work for me).
    2) MAIN RELAYS ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU. The following is what I did and it fixed the problem, however. Unplug the washer. Remove the top cover by removing the three screws on the back. The CCU unit is in the right bottom corner if standing in front of the washer – it has a lot of wiring. Plug in the unit. While listening to the CCU start any washing cycle. After pressing START you should hear the relay to click. If it clicks twice, within a less than a second, it has a problem. Unplug the washer. Without disconnecting any wires remove the CCU cage from the washer wall. Stand now on the right hand side of the washer in such way that the CCU cage is under your left hand. Pull the right upper corner of the CCU plastic cage (it has a tab) away from you, slide the cage to the right by about an inch, and pull the entire cage away from you. Now knock on the back side of the cage 4-5 times with a bit of force (watch “Armageddon” movie for more instructions on it). Install the CCU cage back. Plug in the unit. Try some washing cycle again. If it did not help, repeat the procedure. If it did not work again, see the following.
    3) PUMP DRIVE ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU.
    BichoMom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Thank you V111 ! I did what you told me and it worked!
    chatalina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Tried what v111 said and it worked! Amazing, we thought it was a joke. I love it when whacking something is the answer.
    plokijuhyt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Wow just did it and it worked. I am impressed. I had no other options so I tried it and it worked. Thanks a bunch.
    v111fan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 11:08 AM

V111, thanks!! F01 error happened when we cancelled a cycle in progress.

I had my 17 year old son follow your instructions and it worked - u are the best!!
    scjdeke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 02:16 PM

V111 is THE man!

I had ordered a new CCU when I came across this thread. Using a screw driver, I carefully removed the CCU circuit board from its plastic housing. (It was, of course, already unplugged and removed from the washer.) I tapped each relay with the hand of said screwdriver. (Relays are the rectangular black boxes on the circuit board.) I put everything back together, plugged her in and walla! She works fine now.

Thanks again V111!
    scjdeke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scjdeke View Post
    V111 is THE man!

I had ordered a new CCU when I came across this thread. Using a screw driver, I carefully removed the CCU circuit board from its plastic housing. (It was, of course, already unplugged and removed from the washer.) I tapped each relay with the hand of said screwdriver. (Relays are the rectangular black boxes on the circuit board.) I put everything back together, plugged her in and walla! She works fine now.

Thanks again V111!
    ... and I canceled my CCU order & saved $116!
    roentgen77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scjdeke View Post
    ...and I canceled my CCU order & saved $116!
    ... and I almost order and saved $116! Thanks V111!! :D
    emoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 01:30 AM
    Thanks V111 it workeddddddd I was almost going to by a warrnty for 700$
    wkchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 06:34 AM

I woke up Saturday morning and my wife told me the washer doesn't work. I Google the error code and came across this thread. It works for me as well. Many thanks.
    Carmen215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 01:49 PM
    v111 YOU ARE AMAZING!! THANK YOU!! Xoxoxoxoxo
    mt4329 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 10:02 PM

My son canceled a cycle with one minute left. After that the dreaded F01 code came up when we tried to do any other loads. Unplugging did not work.
    V111's procedure is flawless and the results were immediate and cost free - many thanks from our family of 7
    Daytracker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Are you referring to the motor control unit (W10197864 ) at the bottom right or the microcomputer machine control (W10205839 )? I am in Canada right now and am trying to decide whether to buy the part to take back with me to Mexico where the washing machine is located. It's too bad I didn't see this post before leaving Mexico, I could have tried it!
    Daytracker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:20 PM

Hi, are you referring to the microcomputer machine control: W10205839 or the Motor Control Unit: W10197864? I can't find a reference to the CCU mentioned in these posts. I don't have the machine where I'm located right now so I can't check it.
    amazed7862 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 08:10 PM
    Bloody marvelous! It worked on my Kenmore machine too!
    smyl21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 08:47 AM

Our Whirlpool Duet Sport had same error did Step 2 from v111 That did the trick-

Thanks so much - my wife is ecstatic
    rockit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 07:37 PM
    Thank You Jesus for V111, he really saved our expenses. The washer was broken for over a year, we had to buy a motor yet that was not the issue, we've been going to laundry mats, and families houses. Finallly, this has worked! Thanks again V111 :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Duet F02 Error Code - Drain Filter [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to check the Drain Filter on my Duet Washer? I found the Code key but Ican't find any directions on how to check the filter. There are some other possible causes but I just washed the dog beds and I am pretty sure that this is the reason I am having problems.

Got a list of Whirlpool Duet Washer Error Codes? [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Whirlpool Duet front load washer model GHW9100LQ. Occasionally the machine will stop mid washing cycle and start beeping displaying an error. Today it said "F" "09". Not sure what it means, but you can usually cancel the cycle and start over. I'd like to find out what this code and...

What does the F3 error code mean for a Whirlpool Elite washer? [ 1 Answers ]

What does the F3 error code mean for a whirlpool elite washer

Whirlpool Duet Washer MOD: GHW9200LQ noise when spinning [ 6 Answers ]

My Whirlpool front load washer makes a lot of noise when spinning. I want to repair this before it breaks. What do I need to repair, or look at to remedy this? Thanks, Annette

View more questions Search