Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugsinlaundry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 11:34 PM
    I have bugs in my laundry that I need to ID
    I was sorting my dirty laundry and noticed some little bugs amongst my clothes. They are too small to get a good picture (3-5mm), have 6 legs, antenna and a reddish-black pear-shaped body with no markings that I can see. I have never seen these bugs before and now all of a sudden they were in my laundry basket and I also found one in another closet. I recently got back from a trip to the Bahamas. Is it possible that I brought something back or is this something that normally infests apartments? Can anyone possibly ID these little things from my description? I'm a little worried about this problem. Thanks.
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 15, 2009, 08:47 AM

Search Google images for bed bugs. See if that's what you saw. If it is tell your apartment office immediately.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 16, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Are you finding any brownish flecks in the bedding that look like you picked a scab?

Is this them?

Image Search Results
    bugsinlaundry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 08:30 AM
    No they are definitely not bed bugs. I did some research and found out that they were spider beetles. My landlord contacted the exterminator and apparently they aren't much of a problem and a simple solution of isopropyl alcohol and water will get rid of them. Apparently there has been an increase in these little critters in my neighborhood since a grocery store opened in the area. The exterminator thinks maybe they got a shipment of something with the beetles since they live in cardboard boxes and like grains and cereals and they are being transferred into peoples homes. Anyway, thanks for the help!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 16, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Before you say "Whew" and stop thinking about this, check your own pantry for infested items, including bird seed, dog treats, fresh nuts, and of course your cereals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little Bugs [ 6 Answers ]

The last couple of weeks, I've noticed thes tiny bugs at all of my windows in my house. They were at every window even the ones upstairs. The bugs were also in my bathroom/bathtub. They are so tiny that it looks like a dot just crawling around. I've sprayed and sprayed and I can't get rid of...

Bugs on my bed, that are not bed bugs [ 9 Answers ]

I have been recently getting bit when I am sleeping, and last night I found the culprit but I don't know what it is, its like a little beetle, its oval shape with a point at the end and its shell is like a dark brown-red and its head and legs are pinkish, I've been trying to find out what it is but...

Bed bugs [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My Son's Bed Has Been Infested With What We Think Are Bed Bugs. Is There A Home Remedy To Correct This Problem? We Have Thrown Away 2 Mattresses In The Last 2 Months. We Don't Have Much Money So It Is Becoming Very Costly For Us To Keep Throwing Away Mattresses.

Bed bugs [ 2 Answers ]

Suggest Me Any Home Remedy Of Killing Bed Bugs Not Of Pestcontrol. Thanks

View more questions Search