Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rach49361 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 04:52 AM
    What happens when I restore my laptop to factory settings?
    Currently I have everything backed up that I need to that is on my Toshiba laptop. I want to delete all the programs that I have installed on the laptop since I bought it, due to lack of memory left. But I am not sure of which programs I really need. So I thought I would restore it to the factory settings. But would this wipe absolutely everything? What would I be left with? For example will I still ave Word and excel programs?
    Thaxs
    Rach
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Apr 3, 2009, 06:37 AM

Doing a full factory restore will wipe EVERYTHING from the computer. If the computer came with word/excel, then they will be installed (that is, if you are using the Toshiba Restore disk)

If not, then you will have to put them back in. This is a good idea to do every so often. You will notice a HUGE improvement in speed of your PC. Double check to make sure you have everything saved that you want.. pics, music, docs, bookmarks, email, etc...
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    doing a full factory restore will wipe EVERYTHING from the computer. If the computer came with word/excel, then they will be installed (that is, if you are using the Toshiba Restore disk)

if not, then you will have to put them back in. This is a good idea to do every so often. You will notice a HUGE improvement in speed of your pc. Double check to make sure you have everything saved that you want.. pics, music, docs, bookmarks, email, etc...
    In addition to what's been stated, anything that your computer came with from factory, such as a trial edition of Office, or trial edition of some type of antivirus software will also be re-installed as a working trial.

I suggest doing some preventive cleaning first to see if this doesn't help your situation, look here on how to do it - Keepin' it Clean - Helljack6.com
    HerpDerp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 01:52 PM
    Comment on Helljack6's post
    Do you also keep your operating system?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Reboot My computer to factory settings? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to reboot my computer, I've given up on trying to fix it, I own a laptop Hp pavilion dv4000. I have two disc that I think might be the ones I need but I am not sure, One is Application and Driver Recovery DVD I tried it but all it did was reinstall a bunch of programs, I want my...

If I return my laptop back to factory settings will it remove viruses [ 2 Answers ]

If I return my laptop back to its factory settings will it remove viruses

Rebooting computer to original factory settings [ 6 Answers ]

How do I reboot my computer to my original factory settings

Restore a laptop to factory w/out disks [ 4 Answers ]

I have acquired a laptop and need to know how to restore the factory defaults on a acer travelmate 2410 without the restore disk.

Re set my laptop to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how to reset a laptop to its factory setting if you have none of the original discs all I have is the laptop and want to get rid of all the excess junk on it

View more questions Search