Ask
    nishaoo336 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 04:29 PM
    Need Thesis Statement About Child Abuse

Thesis statement about child abuse
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 04:34 PM

The thesis statement depends on what part of the broad topic of child abuse you want to analyze or compare/contrast or persuade about in your essay.

What is there about child abuse that you want to know more about, that would make for an interesting essay?
    gurlygurl101 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2009, 04:56 PM

You could start it like...
    Child abuse is a large problem among many families in the United States.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gurlygurl101 View Post
    You could start it like......

This is a thesis, not a term paper -
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2009, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gurlygurl101 View Post
    You could start it like......
    I actually majored and graduated with a degree in English (I am an English teacher), and this sentence seems to be a good choice for a thesis statement.

Good luck on your paper! BUT... You should probably try and make up your own thesis statements; I know I would like my students to do that, and your teacher probably does too!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 11:15 PM

Hi, nishaoo336!

I titled and moved your question as well as what would appear to be response to your question to its own thread so that it will be recognized as being your own question.

You placed your question as a response to the question another person had awhile ago and this place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. A new thread needs to be started when someone is asking something that's not a part of a reply to what someone has asked at the very top of a page.

If you're not needing help with trying to come up with a thesis statement about child abuse, then please let me know and I'll change the title of your question.

Wondergirl has asked a question of you as part of a response, and I hope that you'll respond back here in reply to her question.

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 05:37 AM

I also was an English major although I do not teach.

It must depend on the College - a title of "Child abuse is a large problem among many families in the United States" would have been torn to shreds when I was in school because it says nothing. "Large problem?" "Many families?"

Again differences of opinion make the World go around.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I also was an English major although I do not teach.

It must depend on the College - a title of "Child abuse is a large problem among many families in the United States" would have been torn to shreds when I was in school because it says nothing. "Large problem?" "Many families?"

Again differences of opinion make the World go around.
    I too was an English major, and taught school/tutored for a number of years. I agree with JudyKayTee -- that statement is much too general to be a thesis statement. The statement must help the writer focus so a 293-page essay doesn't result. What kind of child abuse? All kinds? Sexual? Emotional? Physical? What type of families? German? Black? Latino? Those in the 'hood? Well-to-do? Religious? (i.e. Jewish? Fundamentalist Christian? Muslim?) Wow! I can see a terrific thesis statement developing here...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 07:02 AM

Thread is old and piggybacks are appearing. Piggybacks will be merged and a new thread started.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis statement [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm really new to this, so yeah I'm not exactly sure of how this site will help me. I have to write a research paper for my world history class. The topic I chose to write about was the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte. The thing is though, I have no idea what to write for my thesis...

What is a good thesis statement for child abuse [ 4 Answers ]

:confused:what is a good thesis statement for child abuse

Thesis Statement [ 11 Answers ]

How do I create a thesis statement? rewrite it so that it challentes and captures the interest of my readers. How do I identify whether my theisis is a claim of fact, definition, value, cause, or policy, explain what it means, and list three to five sub-claims I will use to support my thesis? ...

Child abuse thesis statement? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to come up with a good thesis statement on child abuse, then I have to determine whether it's a claim of fact, definition, value, cause, or policy... any suggestions?

Thesis Statement [ 2 Answers ]

I need help creating a thesis statement. I'm writing a paper on Outsourcing Jobs to foreign countries. Can you help me write a thesis statement?

View more questions Search