Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nedtho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Toshiba satellite laptop volume control
    I have a toshiba satellite laptop. The dial that controls volume no longer works. Controlling volume with the speaker icon works OK. Why does the dial no longer work?
    shelg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 11:18 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my Toshiba P205-S6347 Satellite laptop. The front rotary volume control stopped working properly. It's a digital control (vs. analog) so I think it's either a firmware or software problem/conflict. Had any luck finding a solution? It's driving me nuts! Shelg
    jchayden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 09:26 PM
    I also just got a Toshiba Satellite laptop a few months ago, and the rotary volume control just started acting up when using it. It will not adjust the volume correctly. All it seems to do is raise the volume to the max, and it jumps around while doing that, then it will never go down unless manually controlling the volume under the main windows volume control mixer. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or a software issue, the control is controlled digitally. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Please send any responses to johnchayden at Yahoo dot com
    petehatesspam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 10:47 AM
    I discovered "blowing it out" like an old Nintendo cartridge actually seems to fix it, so it must be optical?
    techdoug24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 01:35 PM
    I have the same problem. I also noticed that when you are in a word processing program and you try to turn the volume down, it will be cccccccc's on the page. Thought that is was kind of interesting. Blowing it out didn't work, but I did find that my wheel is a bit out of alignment.
    501 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 08:48 AM
    I have the same problem as above. Why Toshiba still not notice this problem.
    Hello12341234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 05:18 AM
    Mine didn't work either please anyone can you find a solution the control wheel you keep on turning it but it never stops and I have a faint sound on my laptop.Found a solution? Email me at: [email protected].

Thank you
    gnuarm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 05:42 PM
    I thought I was going nuts! When the volume wheel is spun fast, it puts c's or b's on the screen as if they were being typed, depending on which way it is turned. When the volume knob is turned down it displays c's.

I am thinking the keyboard controller handles both and when the knob is turned fast something doesn't work correctly and it appears that the keys are being pressed. Do you see the letters when you turn it slowly? Mine still works the volume, but sometimes it is a bit erratic and the volume does not change smoothly.
    yukirou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Hye all.. well Im having the same problem as well, currently Im using Satllite L310, PSME6, however Toshiba actually already fixed this problem, solution is: UPDATE your BIOS. For version which having the 'C' issue with the volume slider, just update the BIOS according to your particular model that you have. I have tried it last night and its worked! Yeay! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Satellite CD-ROM Failure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Satellite M35-S320 and the CD-Rom player went bad. I ordered a refurbished unit and went to install. It won't recognize and won't boot unless I insert the old drive. I have been going back & forth with the vendor, but I don't understand his instructions. He told me to remove the...

Help me with my toshiba satellite laptop cd rom drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm having problems with me cd rom drive. I have a toshiba satellite laptop. The cd drive plays data discs, but when I use it to play audio cd's, it plays them in slow motion. I've tried using different programs for running my audio cd's but the result is still the same- music played in...

Toshiba Satellite Pro Sound Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. The sound works fine through earphones or external speakers but here is no sound coming from the built in Titanium speakers. I've heard somewhere that this may due to a joint breaking on the headset jack socket, can anyone shed any...

View more questions Search