Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boon2277 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 08:21 AM
    How do I find out if I have an arrest warrant in ontario,canada
    Hi, is there a way of finding out if I have an arrest warrant in ontario,canada without having to call the police? I had one issued over 20 years ago for unpaid traffic fines and my mother said she paid them off along time ago but now states she is unsure if she did in fact paid them off. I want to clear them up if I do have one but am apprehincive about calling the police to see if I do have an arrest warrant still for fear of being arrested while trying to find out if a do have one.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by boon2277 View Post
    Hi, is there a way of finding out if i have an arrest warrant in ontario,canada without having to call the police? I had one issued over 20 years ago for unpaid traffic fines and my mother said she paid them off along time ago but now states she is unsure if she did in fact paid them off. I want to clear them up if i do have one but am apprehincive about calling the police to see if i do have an arrest warrant still for fear of being arrested while trying to find out if a do have one.

I know of no 100% reliable source other than the Police Department.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:21 PM

Well, here in the U.S. we can look it up on the internet. Just a suggestion. Good luck :)
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    well, here in the U.S., we can look it up on the internet. just a suggestion. good luck :)

Internet is not 100% reliable - if it's an open warrant, I wouldn't trust an Internet site.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Internet is not 100% reliable - if it's an open warrant, I wouldn't trust an Internet site.
    I never had to look for a warrant. I had a friend who went to the site. It was a .gov site. I do know that when she looked up her name, it showed she had a warrant. The day she went to court (I went with her) and took care of the warrant, we went home right away. She looked it up again and it was no longer there.

So I am not sure how accurate they are. I guess the best way would be to call the police department.
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    i never had to look for a warrant. i had a friend who went to the site. it was a .gov site. i do know that when she looked up her name, it showed she had a warrant. the day she went to court (i went with her) and took care of the warrant, we went home right away. She looked it up again and it was no longer there.

so i am not sure how accurate they are. i guess the best way would be to call the police department.

I didn't mean to be confusing - there's no problem if you think there's a warrant, you look up the info, it says "no warrant" and the site is right. However, with a warrant and the possibility of being arrested on the spot if you are ever stopped I don't think I'd take the chance.

One way or the other - either arranging to turn himself in at the Police Station or being arrested on the spot if stopped - the OP has to get this resolved.

Again, if the site is right, you're fine. Some States are better at record keeping than others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat at large/failure to appear warrant for arrest [ 9 Answers ]

There is a warrant for my arrest ( I just found out today) from 12/2001 for a ticket I did not pay and failed to appear for in court for "cat at large" (my cat was outside). The officer I found this out from today said I could go to jail for this. Shouldn't there be some kind of statute of...

How to find out if there is a warrant both provincial and canada wide? [ 6 Answers ]

How do I find out if there is a warrant for my arrest, I was told by a friend in the province I just moved from that there was one. Obviously I don't want to call up the cops and ask LOL. What do I do? Who do I ask? Also I am curious if I can find out if it is provincial or canada wide. ...

Warrant For Arrest [ 4 Answers ]

Can the police in Ont, CAN put up a warrant for your arrest, if they SUSPECT you for theft over $5000?

Arrest warrant in another state 600miles away. [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend is taking an accounting class here in South Carolina.Her school did a background check and it came up that she has an arrest warrant back at her home state of Delaware.She called Delaware to see what the warrant was for and it was done by a company that she worked for over eight years...

Arrest warrant [ 3 Answers ]

I have a warant for "failure to appear on suspended license. Can I fly to another state{S.C.} without being arrested at the airport in detroit ?

View more questions Search