Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cher4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Chlorox tablet stuck in toilet
    I have a new chlorox bleach tablet that is stuck in the toilet bowl, is there any way to dissolve it?
    I can't move it with plunger or snake
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 03:15 PM
    One idea would be to run over to home depot and pick up a closet auger (see picture). Use this tool to push through the tablet and then try pulling back forcefully to remove...

I would prefer to see you remove this instead of dissolve it as it may dissolve only slightly and then fall further into the toilet or even the main drain line and cause more issues for you.

Have you tried to just reach in and remove the tablet..?

Let me know what you think...

MARK
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 14, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cher4ever
    i have a new chlorox bleach tablet that is stuck in the toilet bowl, is there any way to dissolve it?
    i can't move it with plunger or snake
    Break it up into little pieces with a closet auger,(see image) and either pick it out of the bowl or flush it away. Good luck, Tom We did it agai!! Posted on top of each other. We gotta stop meeting like this!!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
    I love it when we do , Tom... almost always in agreement and helps the asker to know that this really is a good approach to issue!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue tablet put in tank of toilet, but no blue in the bowl [ 7 Answers ]

When a use a blue Vanish tablet in the tank of my toilet the water will not stay blue in the bowl. (No blue at all after flushing in one toilet, and only very light blue in another) I think this is because of the small tube that flows into the overflow tube goes directly into the bowl as clean, not...

Usage of tablet [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend 3 days ago can I use this tablet now do it work

What Tablet? [ 2 Answers ]

I did a lot of research on tablets and it seems they all are pretty expensive and break fairly easily. I was just wondering if anybody could recommend a tablet for a casual artist? And where can I get one?

View more questions Search