Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Sep 5, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Refrigerant for 2003 Audi A4
    Does anyone know if the refrigerant for a 2003 Audi A4 is 134a?

Believe it or not, I can't seem to find the answer online.

Also, do you know of any online source of refill instructions. I can only find one port (near passenger side windshield) and hope that is the low pressure side. I have a very very slow leak.

At this point, I am assuming it is a standard fill procedure, but with Audi, everything I thought I knew about cars has been wrong.

Thanks...
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
    If your ac is leaking just bring it to a fill station,The law requires that the existing refrigerant in the system be evacuated and unique fittings and a label be installed with any replacement refrigerant. Also, if the A/C system being converted is equipped with a High Pressure Relief Valve, a High Pressure Cutout Switch must be installed in accordance with EPA SNAP regulations. Use of Freeze 12 does not require that the lubricant or other components be changed.I no where I'm from we have to use r12 now,if your system is OK your safe but if it leaked out we have to use the r12.I don't even thik they sell the other product.

Sep 6, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Where I'm from, R12 is now illegal for automotive use due to the chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). Most cars since 1994 are now using R134a. I just wanted to confirm that there is not some bizarre special refrigerant used in Audis.

Thanks for the feedback...
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2008, 04:53 PM
    I fond a good read on ac refrigeant,check it out.
    A/C Update: R134A Refrigerant Retrofit
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
    mitchsc, your vehicle absolutely does use R-134a
    And the are two fittings as well: the LOW service port will be the smaller port, while the HI port (the larger one) is probably the port you've found.
    Most R-134a systems are charged through the High side port with the system off.
    If you have a leak, the repairs and subsequent recharge should be done by a trained professional. These systems can run very high pressures and if not treated with caution, injury could easily result.

Sep 7, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Thanks everyone...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Audi Lease and Tint [ 1 Answers ]

I Leased an Audi, I want to get the windows tinted. If I do so, will I get whacked by the dealership when I turn it in?

Audi cars [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure I'm in the right the place but. I have an '04 audi 1.8 quattro getting ready To go off warranty. Would you recommend that I trade it off get an extended warran. Or Keep it? I will have it paid off in sept but I really don't want keep something that doesn't run...

1999 Audi A4 drivers side window. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Audi A4 and sometimes when I roll down the drivers side window it will not roll back up for several minutes, sometimes hours. Is it the motor? I hear it clicking Is it just a bad switch? Thanks Jon

View more questions Search