Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhansen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Water won't turn off in shower
    Why won't my water turn off in my shower? I turn both the hot water and cold water knobs to off and yet a lot of water keeps coming out. I just moved in so I don't know the brand but it is very old. I turned the main water to the house off but what should I do?
    Cryoman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Now that you have the water turned off. Remove the handle then remove the valve stem. That's the part the handle connects to. At the bottom of this stem is a rubber seat that needs to be replaced, it is cracked or missing. Any hardware store should have this.
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 3, 2008, 08:17 AM
    I agree,the old cartridge is worn out and letting the water seap past the gasket,very inexpensive and easy to change.If you have a screw driver and a 5/8 socket and wrachet you can do this job in 5 miniutes:).
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Hi Rhansen,

Can you tell us what brand and model is your faucet, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Water in Shower won't completely turn off! Help! [ 3 Answers ]

We are brand new home owners so we don’t have a lot of know how so forgive us for asking stupid questions. We bought this house about 3 years ago it was build around the mid-70s and is a Fox and Jacob home. The master bathroom only has a shower with 2 handles, sink and a toilet in it and none of...

No Water when I turn on bathtub/shower faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have not used the tub/shower faucet in some time. Today when I went to turn on the faucet, no water comes out. Help

Hot water Faucet won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

I used to have a drip in my shower, and a washer used to fix the drip. Yesterday I couldn't turn the hot water off. I finally had to shut it off at the hot water heater and that's left me without hot water all day. I tried to tighten, fix the handle that is causing the drip but now when I...

Can't turn off hot water in shower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get the valve out to replace the washer in a 30 year old house? I thought I could open it all the way and screw it out but it doesn't want to come out. Am I doing it wrong or is there a trick? Don't want to bust the old copper pipe in the wall if I can help it. Thanks!

View more questions Search