Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Aug 14, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Save Photo in "Quicktime PictureViewer"?
    A friend of mine sent some photos to my Yahoo email. In the email they appear as thumbnails which I can right click on and save but of course as very small images. However when I left click on them to see the full size image I get a "download file" window and when I click on that the image opens full size in Quicktime PictureViewer. The problem is there is no "right click" option with that image thus no "save picture as" function. Above the image are "file" "edit" "image" and "help" but no option under any of those to save the image. How can I save the large version of the photo?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 06:09 AM
    You'll need to change the file association that opens that type of picture.

Here are the steps (I'm assuming you have XP): http://www.real-knowledge.com/fileassoc.htm
    Start with a picture you already have of the same type (probably .jpg) using Windows Explorer. The icon associated with it is probably a Quicktime icon. You can set it to Windows Picture and Fax Viewer; that program has a Save feature.

Aug 14, 2008, 09:43 AM
    I´m not sure how I would use Windows Explorer to find a picture in an email or how to get the large file out of the mail and into another folder where WE could find it however I overlooked the obvious (as usual). Clicking on the "download" opens a window that gives the option not only to open the file but also to save it to another file. I just saved it to a file in my "images" and it arrived full size.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregunta
    I´m not sure how I would use Windows Explorer to find a picture in an email
    You wouldn't. That step was to help set the file association to a different program to open all jpegs instead of Quicktime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pregunta
    Clicking on the "download" opens a window that gives the option not only to open the file but also to save it to another file. I just saved it to a file in my "images" and it arrived full size.
    Glad it worked out for you.

Do all jpegs on your computer open in Quicktime?

Aug 14, 2008, 02:01 PM
    No I don´t believe so and that seems strange. Some that I´ve received in an email do and some don´t.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

Drop Down Menu hangs in "save as" in Windows XP [ 3 Answers ]

When I try to save anything using "save as" in xp, nothing happens when I try to click the 'down' arrow in the drop down menu. I have to click it over and over and finally it does drop down the menu to allow me a choice to where to save it. It is really irritating and is very consistent. ...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search