Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    091289 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Direct-TV, dvd, vcr & TV hook-up
    a simple explanation of this hook-up using standard cables.

How do I hook-up the following devices to my TV. DVD, VCR and Satellite receiver (direct TV). I also have a RF modulator box. I only want to use the DVD and VCR as players only. When watching Direct TV and I want to see a DVD movie, when putting the movie in the device it switchs automatically to the DVD player.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 11:51 AM
    I don't see the problem, sounds like you have it hooked up OK.
    You can't watch both at once.
    Sounds like you can watch Direct TV, and when you put in DVD it plays. If you want to watch Direct TV, Don't put in DVD.
    Do you mean Coax as "Standard"?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Hold on a minute there many standard connection ports with even more standard cables.

Please tell us the Inputs to the DVD, VCR and TV. As well as the Output of the Direct TV, DVD, VCR.

A true DVD is a playback only device and may or may not have and input connection port.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD/VCR to TV and Direct TV Hook-up [ 7 Answers ]

I have an older TV. I have a Direct TV box. And I have two separate DVD players. One is a DVD/VCR recorder combo. The other is a DVD player only. Until recently, I have been routing the Satellite and one DVD at a time through an older VCR player/recorder which has now stopped working after many...

Direct 3D 9+ [ 11 Answers ]

Sorry I want to ask, I hv a Sis 650 Rev 00 chipset, name Sis 650_651_M650_740. Originally I hv Direct 3D 9+ but after I reformat my disk I now only capable to Direct 3D 8+. Can I change it back to Direct 3D 9+?

Can I Hook up camera to monitor direct? [ 2 Answers ]

I was told that I can hook up a computer camera direct to the monitor with out using a computer. Is this true? I want to put a camera outside my door & leave it on to monitor my front door at all times. Do I need to hook it up to my computer or can I have live feed into a monitor or how can I do...

Direct Buy [ 1 Answers ]

I REALLY am glad I found this site... I am currently trying to get as much info on Direct Buy as I can because I had an interview with the company and the guy said he was wanting me to come back for an interview with the owners. I guess my question is (since this is related I did not want to...

View more questions Search