Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nhsparky0423 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Briggs 14.5 HP rebuild
    I've got a 14.5 Briggs & Stratton where the connecting rod snapped due to lack of air flow.
    It's model 287707 type 0224-01 code 960823ZD OHC

Inside of crank actually looks fantastic (boy am I lucky)

I'm almost ready to put it all back together, (new crank, rings, gaskets; however had to order rings, and while I wait I wanted to ensure the entire motor is perfect.

My question is: Does this unit have any type of oil pump? If so where? I cannot figure out how oil gets around to everywhere needed.

The engine is off a yard machine tractor.

Thanks much, Jim
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 22, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Some small engines are "splash" lubricated. A tab on the con-rod or crank journal splashes oil as the crank rotates. That may be the case with yours.
    nhsparky0423 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Thanks! I believe this motor does just what you say; via the "slinger/governor" located inside the crank case!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I rebuild my credit [ 10 Answers ]

I just filed bankruptcy 6 months what can I do to build my credit up fast it is maybe a 400

Deck rebuild [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of rebuilding a 16' deep by 42' long deck. Half of it is to be used for a hot tub. Now it has 2x6's on 24" center with 4x4's supporting it to the ground. It is 12 ft off the ground. I want to lower the part of the deck that will support the hottub useing 4ea 6x6's to 2x8" on 16"...

Rebuild your own transmission [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to rebuild your own transmission if you happened to be very mechanically inclined? I have a Dodge Sport 1500 4x4 and it won't shift into second gear. It's been rebuilt once 4-years ago and I can't see spending $2000 to get it done again.

How can you REBUILD the TRUST in your reationship! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I am just wondering how I can rebuild the trust in my relationship. My boyfriend of 3 years cheated once a very very long time ago. He was hammered, and on lots of drugs, which he quit that lifestyle completely afterwards, for me. Ever since, I cannot seem to trust him, even though...

If Under Law why not Rebuild the temple? [ 9 Answers ]

Why do those who say they are under the Mosaic Law not follow all the stipulations like animal sacrifices given at alters, and all the other instructions given in Deteronomy and Exodus? Actually, the rebuilding of the temple would not be enough. Those rebuilding it would also have to begin...

View more questions Search