Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Taxes (
-   -   Income tax mismatch credit (

  • Jul 15, 2017, 04:23 AM
    Income tax mismatch credit
    Kindly confirm me the tax rebate for Senior citizens for the AY 2013-14 & how to solve this 2 mismatch credit for the AY - 2016-17 Return?
  • Jul 17, 2017, 01:45 PM
    In the U.S. federal tax return, there IS a credit for the Elderly or the Disabled, which is calculated on Schedule R and displayed on Line #54 of Form 1040. It is rarely used because the income limitations usually prevents it.

    However, the U.S. tax return is normally set to the calendar year. Your citation seems to indicate that you are talking about a tax return that uses the FISCAL year (AY 13-14 and AY 16-17), which leads me to believe that you are asking about a credit on the tax return of another country. Best guess: India.

    Sorry, but this forum deal exclusively with taxes in the United States.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:15 AM.