Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ehit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Buying a Used 24' round above ground pool
    How do I know if the seller is telling the truth on how old the pool is? He is selling a 24' pool for $700. Includes the liner which I will not be able to use. Includes a gas 250,000 BTU's ?heater also a vacuum to go along the bottom. Filter is a bigger filter. I don't know how big that is. It sounded like it was in really good condition.

When I got there the pool hadn't been covered for the winter so of course the water was dirty. The solar cover was moldy. Some screws which is probably normal were rusty. The filter looked a bit rusty as it was not kept covered and out in the rain during the winter. I am not sure how to tell if the heater works or not. He said mice ate away at the winter cover.

We got there to take it down and the pool was not drained yet. In fact not at all. He said he couldn't drain it because of his back. I am probably saying way more than I need to say.
    Just not sure how to tell how old the pool is.:confused: Or if I am getting a decent deal.
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 15, 2007, 10:09 AM
    If the filter is made of metal and is rusting - this is an indication that the pool is old. They have not mass produced metal filters in about 15 years.

Moving and rebuilding an above ground pool is an exercise in futility. Building a brand new above ground pool is generally a big pain in the , so if you are looking for helpful professional advice - walk away from this old pool.

I hope this helps.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under above ground pool goes. [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I put up a 15' above-ground pool. I do not have any great level spot in the yard but found an area that worked okay. Unfortunately, it's at the bottom of a slope... so it stays wet easily. This year, I'm wondering what to put under it besides the tarp-thing that came with it. If I made a...

In round pool liner beading and coping [ 1 Answers ]

I uncovered my in ground pool to find the liner beading has come away from the pool wall groove in several spots around the pool. Is there a way to repair this ? Thanks

In ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have opened(removed cover) my inground pool for the summer and discovered that there are 4 creases in the bottom. Can you assist in an explanation on why this would happen. They are about 3-4 ft long and 1/8" wide in different areas.

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

Buying a used pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a used pool from someone and want to know if tearing it down and then putting it back up will some how damage the pool. I will have to buy a new liner the guy said. It is a 24' by 48 above ground. Thanks for any information I guess Im wondering if I should just buy a new pool and...

View more questions Search