Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 26, 2007, 12:03 AM
    I hear that from girls a lot: they are afraid to be dumped and so they don't take chances... well, if guys thought that way too no one would ever date!

How far away is Gospel moving? Long-distance relationships aren't impossible if the two people like each other... you should go for it. Since you don't have much time, move quickly. Maybe take him to the movies and plant one on him, just out of the blue. You'd be surprised how well that can actually work on guys.
    stargazer10 Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Jul 26, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Lol... well I ended things with Divinci and I went to the movies today with Gospel... so things are going great...
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Awesome:)

Jul 26, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer10
    Lol.... well I ended things with Divinci and I went to the movies today with Gospel.... so things are going great....
    Well, that's good, but you didn't mention kissing him out of the blue, LIKE I TOLD YOU TO DO. :mad:

Now you're going to have to move even faster. Next time, let him round 2nd base. And by 2nd base I mean 3rd. And by 3rd I mean call the Super 8 in advance and bring condoms.

Jul 28, 2007, 02:18 PM
    HUNO!! Wow! Umm... I'm speechless... I am NOT going to take your advice... thanks though!

Jul 31, 2007, 11:46 PM
    You all are going to kill me... I went back to Divinci... I give up on things right now... I'm so confused... and toying with these guys' emotions is not fun or normally what I do... I'm tired of this so I think I'm going to just stop it all... Maybe I shouldn't choose either.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Aug 1, 2007, 05:18 AM
    You all are going to kill me.... I went back to Divinci.... I give up on things right now... I'm so confused.... and toying with these guys' emotions is not fun or normally what I do... I'm tired of this so I think I'm going to just stop it all.... Maybe I shouldnt choose either.
    You know, you should forget about these two guys. I don't think this type of thing (should I call it "game"?) is what you want or what they want. In fact, you don't seem to know what you want anymore. I might have lost track of how things were going for you, but I believe you don't know what you want anymore.

Get yourself out of this game! For better or for worse? It won't lead you anywhere.

Aug 1, 2007, 10:29 PM
    You all are going to kill me.... I went back to Divinci.... I give up on things right now... I'm so confused.... and toying with these guys' emotions is not fun or normally what I do... I'm tired of this so I think I'm going to just stop it all.... Maybe I shouldnt choose either.
    I'm not going to kill you, but I'm going to grab your shoulders and shake the sh!t out of you! :mad: :p

So... I guess kristynn's advice is the most logical, but I'm going to give you the most practical: you should just do whatever you want. It's really the only way you'll learn.

Learn what? Well, it depends. If you and Divinci actually make a relationship out of it, then you'll learn how to reconcile your differences with your parents to do what you think is best.

But if you just end up bouncing between a bunch of guys, you'll learn whether that's a way of life that you enjoy. Some girls have no problem dating around and if that's your thing, more power to you. If, however, you actually want a relationship of some kind you're going to find out quickly that jumping between two, three+ different guys is very unfulfilling.

Whatever you do, I hope it makes you happy. Good luck!

--huno

P.S.: okay, so are you going to tell us the logic behind your code names or what? I think I deserve something for putting up with--I mean, advising you in your hour of need. :D

Aug 2, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Okay...

The Names:

Carrot: He has red hair. No need to tell you his real name because it has nothing to do with the nickname.

Mr Good Bar: I have no idea. I was drunk at the time and that is what I thought of.

Gospel: His name is one of the Gospel writers in the bible. Hence, the "Gospel according to ........".

Divinci: His name is the first name of a certain painter...

AND... I am pleased to anounce that things are going great with Divinci. I haven't had the desire to go back to Gospel. I think the little two day break from him was sort of a eye-opener. It almost needed to happen because it made me realize how much I felt for Divinci. I missed him... a lot... when I broke things off.

Aug 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
    O I forgot about "Mark Twain"... for a one of the other girl servers... I used that awhile ago...

Samuel Clemens... Samantha (and she's a lesbian so I picked a guys name... I don't know)... Ah... I feel awkward and strange because of my weirdness
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Aug 4, 2007, 03:58 AM
    I like this guy at work and I want to hang out with him outside of work (maybe even as a date), but I really don't want to wait around for him to ask me because he may never do it. Here's the thing though. I don't know if he is single or taken. How do I go about asking it without it looking like I'm trying to figure out if I can have him? And if he doesn't have a gf, how do I ask him out? I am not used to the whole girl asking guy out thing, I usually wait for the guy to ask me, but I feel like I lose so many opportunities by waiting and want to just come right out and ask a guy out. I'm really shy so this isn't easy for me and I have no idea what to do.
    Hi you can ask him if he has someone or not in indirect way, for example after or before weekend you can open general topic with him since he is your colleague and ask him how he spend his weekend as if you are asking for advise... or for his opinion... by this you will be able to figure it out from the conversation if he has someone in his life or not. If it did not work, try to get closer to him or to his close friend at work.

Good luck

Aug 5, 2007, 09:23 PM
    AND... I am pleased to anounce that things are going great with Divinci. I haven't had the desire to go back to Gospel. I think the little two day break from him was sort of a eye-opener. It almost needed to happen because it made me realize how much I felt for Divinci. I missed him.... a lot.... when I broke things off.
    Well, at least you're happy. :) I think that's the important thing. Hopefully things continue to go well.

Just curious: where do you see this going at this point? Do you want a long-term relationship with him? What do your parents think?
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Aug 7, 2007, 08:25 AM
    What is the true definition of happy? I don't know if she can truly be happy if she is soooo worried about what other people (most specifically her parents) may think about the person she is dating. Stargazer, be careful. I know that you should be strong and independent and choose the person that you want to be with without major influence from other people. However, really think about WHY you are attracted to him. Is it because of rebellion, that you are tired of being the good girl and this guy is giving you some kind of wild side thing? I went through that phase, thinking no one is going to tell me what to do, etc. I thought I was happy, but I was kidding myself. I ended up getting really hurt because I grew very attached to this person, even after I discovered that he was not the best for me. Then it was doubly hard to break up with him. I only wish that I would have done it a lot sooner because then the break up would not have been so hard. If you like this guy for all of the right reasons, then good for you. I know that you are young and probably are not thinking about the long term, but maybe you should start thinking about what is best for your future. Getting really attached to someone who might create a lot of problems for you in the future isn't really adviseable. Think about it. Only you can make the decision.

Aug 21, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Mom,

I move in a week. The relationship was never meant to be long term. A summer fling is a better way of putting it. So when I move, it will be difficult to continue dating and therefore we aren't going to continue dating.
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Aug 21, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Stargazer -

Good luck to you. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.

Mom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search