Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2007, 05:29 PM
    I'm so scared and sad
    I'm 15 and I cannot stop hating my life, I cannot stop wanting to hurt myself, I cannot stop looking on the negative side. I'm in therapy right now, but they don't know I've been cutting myself and pricking my fingers. If I tell, my parents need to know. I hate talking to my parents, and it also terrifies me. And I'm 99% sure that it will make me even more depressed. I don't know what to do... I feel like there's no one... I feel like THIS is what my life is supposed to be.
    peatoo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 05:40 PM
    I just noticed your email . I have never posted here before but I want to ask you a question. Do you believe in Jesus? Please respond. I would like to help you...
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peatoo
    I just noticed your email . I have never posted here before but I want to ask you a question. Do you believe in Jesus?? Please respond. I would like to help you.......
    Yes, but my mind can trick me on that too...

Jun 9, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for responding to candidly. I would like to share something with you if I may. If you believe that Jesus was sent to save each of us from our sinfulness then you are saved. You are one of God's children and he loves you no matter what. Just know that his spirit is within you and you will feel his love and unconditional forgiveness for everything. You are not a victim of yourself but you are allowing yourself to be. What you need to do is let God guide you. Just close your eyes for a moment. Ask the Lord to heal you and give you peace to feel his comfort. You deserve to know that he does not want you to hurt yourself - he wants you to feel his arms give you a hug and tell you that he loves you and if you believe in him to guide you each moment he will.

Please tell me if you want me to share more. I will say a prayer for you that you will listen to His voice and not the hurtful thoughts you have and know that He wants nothing more than to see you smile because of his gift of eternal love - it's free, it's what God wants and what I will pray for...

Amen and please pray...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Your parents love you, they would not be getting you help and therapy if they did not. Yes parents do and can over react but they do so often because they are scared, and they don't know the answers to help you either. But the main thing is to talk to your therapist, talk to your parents, no life is not iike this, life does have ups and downs, good and bad, but it can be good also.
    barelyhopeless Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Let me guess, everyone who sees a cut or so on asks how did that happen and, you make excuses. You're not the only one. I don't know why I did it either. I have had to go get stiches and so forth also and people who don't understand judge you. I'm sorry you feel this way and I don't have any answers but, you're not alone and maybe this helps in some small way.
    jamalsaleh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 11:00 AM
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:
    Quote Originally Posted by peatoo
    I just noticed your email . I have never posted here before but I want to ask you a question. Do you believe in Jesus?? Please respond. I would like to help you.......
    jamalsaleh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 11:02 AM
    I want agirl frieand

Apr 21, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamalsaleh
    i whant agirl frieand
    IF you need a friend - I'll listen and be a friend... :):)
    Turasleon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 09:53 AM
    There are a few reasons as to why you may feel the way you feel.

If you are grasping for attention, which it really doesn't sound like you are, you need to realize this and find attention in another manner.

However, by the way it sounds, you really just want out of your life. This is not the way life is supposed to be. It sounds to me as if you are in a depression, due to certain things in your life which may have put you where you are now. You are clearly not happy, and I'm almost certain your family, home, relationship, friends, and school lives are either combined, or individually, very difficult for you. Odds are that there are some things that you keep focusing on which you can't stop thinking about. Granted, there are probably things happening on a daily basis which are new and make you upset, but there are probably a few factors that are just making you consistently miserable.

It sounds to me like you are in a depression and really just want to escape life. There are many different ways to do it nowadays... I've suffered through a depression for years, feel the same way you do right now, and my escape was video games. Obviously not as harmful, but still not the best for me. It destroyed my life.

Cutting will do the same to you, in different ways. You have found something that you take comfort in, and believe me, this is not a path you want to be walking on. Doctors will probably try to give you medication, but it may be coming from other places. Do you get enough sleep? Do you eat right?

And on another note... how do your parents make you feel? Your family? School, friends? These things can very well push you into a vicious cycle that far too many fall into, and they never can figure out how to break out.

Praying, as a previous poster mentioned, may help you if you do really believe in Jesus and can find solace in him. But remember, this is not the only answer: it's the same thing with medication. Medication and prayer will help you, but it will not change the damage your life is dealing to you. You still need to work that out on your own. If you pray and take medicine but don't eat or sleep properly your body is still going to refuse to respond to you when you feel the spiritual energy and when you take medicine.

We are here for you, and it is very good that you are coming and asking for help. We're all here, answering your questions, for that purpose and that purpose alone.

If there is anything else you want to say, let us know... I hope everything gets better for you.
    pleasehelpme101 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2008, 06:11 PM
    OK I am 15 as well as you, and I want you to know that your family and your parents love you 100% they would never want you to hurt yourself and they probably feel horribe about the fact that this is happening don't be afraid to talk with your parents it might terrify you but don't let it terrify you because your parets are probably the most understanding people in your life they will love you even if you don't want them to they will care for you regardless if you want them to or not. And your in therapy its supposed to be helping you have to let what happens in your therapy sink into your skin and go to your heart think about what in your life you will miss like friends and swimming or anything that you love to do wouldn't you miss all of them allow yourself to want something better for yourself and don't let yourself think about suicide I've been in the position your in and all I did was talk with my parents and I helped myself understand that they are in my life to help and after I did that they did help me because I asked for it just hang in there cheer up and make something better out of your life I will pray for you and I give you my best wishes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sad about ex [ 7 Answers ]

My ex-bf recently broke up with his ex and we began talking again. We hadn't talked since 10 months prior. But it felt nice talking with him again! So he called/texted me for a few weeks but always after 10pm and usually drunk, then finially one night we hung out( innocent), and he hasn't called...

Sad in nj [ 2 Answers ]

My husband of 2 years and relationship togther of 10 years, we have a 7 year old son and twins (first marriage 21). Together we're amazing. Best friends. I love him to death. Huge fight, words exchanged, lots of cursing, he left last Sunday and never came back. It will be aweek this Sunday. My...

Sad me again. [ 8 Answers ]

So if anyone has read my last question you would know that I am still in love with my ex boyfriend. I had planned on cutting him out of my life until we were having a friendly conversation... all was going very well (as friends) but now we haven't talked in like 5 days so today I decided to just...

Why Be Sad? [ 2 Answers ]

It's quite hard to come alive every morning like the rooster who utters that familiar shrill cry of delight. On balance: This same animation could very well be expected from happy people who are carefree, frisky, hearty, jovial, spirited and lively. Emotion compliments arousing replies to a kiss,...

View more questions Search