Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 9, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Teen looking for your opinion on weight loss
    Okay, I have 79 more days of summer to lose weight.
    I need to know the following

Okay, my target areas are my stomach, my thighs, and my butt

Do you think walking 1 mile 3 days a week and no eating sugar will cut it off?
    Please if there's anythuing you think I could do I wan the best results possible I so please sum1 tell me what will give me the best results.

I am 5 ft 8 inches and I the last time I checked I weighed between 146 and 150 so I really want to lose weight I am very serious about this.PLease sum1 help me.

For aerobic exercise I am walking 1 mile(origninal plan)but then I heard cutting out sweets and sugars and bread while taking a brisk three mile walk will burn it off.

Some one please tell me!!

I don't care if you are a certified in this subject I really need to know!! if you are that's great! Someone please tell me!! I am 14 and I really don't want to hear the whole your to young to lose weight or you don't need to because it just annoys the heck out of me and I will lose weight a girl in my grade lost weight ans she said she ran so don't tell me I can't do it because someone with a good heart will tell me what I need to do and I will achivev my goal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 03:12 PM
    A good diet, watching total intake, a good exercise program, that can include walking but you may want to work up to more as you get used to it, But also other exercises also
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Jun 9, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Addy ,
    Not to worry . You have so much time and not that much effort needed in your case . Ok drink 4-5 liters of water every 24 hours . You can do better than 1 mile . Try 2-3 miles 4-5 times a week briskly and yes some running is required!
    You have 79 days to lose 15-18 lbs . Don't even count your sittups just work up 6-8 minutes of sittups at a time and that should be enough . You can watch the TV and do many crunches over 6-10 minutes . You shouldn't need that much dieting with your timeframe / goal but sugar free will help .
    Nothing negative from me , only positive . You can do this easily . Well its late and I'm sleepy . Read my other posts if you need more ideas . You shouldn't though .
    Good luck... Russell
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Yes cut out sugar, fatty foods, sweets, candy, cakes, high sodium snacks, like chips, fast foods. Drink lots of water cut out all presweetened drinks like colas. Eat smaller portions of meals, 3 oz of meats, like skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, loin type meats. Make sure you eat some protein with every meal. Cut out all processed foods. Eat frits and veggies with every meal. If your eating white flour products switch to whole grain pasta, rice, breads and cereals. Learn to reading serving portions sizes on nutritional labels and stick by them. Drink low fat or skim milk, low fat yogurt and skim or partially skim cheese (or low fat at least) like string cheese) and make sure your having at least 2-3 serving a day. A serving of cheese is only 1 1/2 oz, milk 1 cup, bread, 1 slice, cereal, pasta, rice, 1/2 cup veggies a serving is 1/2 c leafy or cooked and fruits a meduim size one. Eat legumes, beans and nuts make a good hold over snack, but only 1/3 cup which is a handful. That and exercise is the key to weight loss, you have plenty of time, walking, aerobics and resistance training 3-4 times a week, 30-60 minute session, will all help you achieve your goal.
    steffy_bear Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Jun 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Dear, I know how you feel. Don't spend all your time just running. Doing crunches, push ups, and the running will help your legs it will help a lot. Cut down the soda o around one a day if you drink any. Don't eat any white foods, but it isn't always good to hold yourself back so if you want it, have a little, so you don't feel cheated. If you feel cheated on the no sugars you will gain weight because you will then eat it and have more. Also if you do five meals a day the size of your fist it helps a lot. I hope I can help babez... Good Luck!
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by addy
    okay, i have 79 more days of summer to lose weight.
    I need to know the following

okay, my target areas are my stomach, my thighs, and my butt

do u think walking 1 mile 3 days a week and no eating sugar will cut it off??
    Please if theres anythuing u think i could do i wan tthe best results possible i so please sum1 tell me wat will give me the best results.

I am 5 ft 8 inches and i the last time i checked i weighed between 146 and 150 so i really want to lose weight i am very serious about this.PLease sum1 help me.

For aerobic exercise i am walking 1 mile(origninal plan)but then i heard cutting out sweets and sugars and bread while taking a brisk three mile walk will burn it off.

Some one please tell me!!!

I dont care if u are a certified in this subject i really need to know!!!if u r thats great!!Someone please tell me!!!i am 14 and i really dont want to hear the whole your to young to lose weight or u dont need to because it just annoys the heck outta me and i will lose weight a girl in my grade lost weight ans she said she ran so dont tell me i can't do it because someone with a good heart will tell me what i need to do and i will achivev my goal.
    Try to walk those miles & eat healthy. You can have some sweets not ALL THE TIME but sometimes. May I ask how many pounds do you want 2 loose? Because you can go on a weight loss program if you want to loose weight before the summer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ways for a teen to lose weight in a week [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a 5'4 girl teen who weighs 139 pounds. On May 17 & 18th, my school is going on a major trip where only certain students go. We go many different places including a water park and the hotel we are staying at has a pool. I am very self-conscious about my body and I need to know if I need...

How do I loss more of my weight? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm 14 and I'm like 218 pounds and I like this guy but he doesn't see me they way I want he only goes for my friends that are really skiny and I want to know how to loos my leg, belly, back, and arm fat Will someone hepl me...

Teen weight loss vs building muscle [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, Basically what I am trying to get at is to improve myself confidence by changing the image I haveof myself. I am currently 5'10" and weight about 190, though I am dissatisfied with my body the way it is. I would like to do whta it takes to make me more comfortable when I am in public...

Weight Loss [ 4 Answers ]

Is It Bad That I Have Lost 25 Pounds In One Month... I Do Weight Watchers So I Eat Healthy, Then I Skip Meal, Then On Top Of That I Take Weight Loss Pills And On Top Of That I Have Been Doing The Cottage Cheese Diet Where If I Do Eat I Eat Nothing But Plain Low Fat Cottage Cheese!! How Bad Is That...

Weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and about 5'3 and I weight about 117 pounds but I am a bit overweight I was wondering what I can do to lose it mainly in the stomach and thighs. I was also wondering want calorie intake is normal for my age (for no gain and no lose)?

View more questions Search