Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CreativeNotHandy Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Pool Pump Pressure Low - Water Stream Weak
    I have an old DoughBoy Pool system.
    The water flow is weak and sporadic whether it's on filter, backwash, pump to waste etc. :mad:
    Can these pumps be repaired? Or is there some technique I can try?
    I someone is at their PC today; It's a beautiful day in Grand Rapids.
    Thanks in advance for any help!!
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Rebuilding pumps is rarely worthwhile. The cost is comparable to what a replacement will be and a new pump will easily outlast a repaired old pump.

If you have an expensive, good quality model of pump that has a wet end and a dry end you may be able to replace the motor end and keep the wet end saving a few dollars.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools
    Vancouver BC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High pressure on pool pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool. When the filter is on the pressure usually stays around 30. Now it is registering as high as the gauge will go. I lost my manuals in Katrina. Can anyone help? Sorry.. the pressure usually stays at 15 now it is as high as it will register!

Water pressure in toilet is really weak [ 3 Answers ]

We have 2 bathrooms in our house.. 1 toilet works fine, no real problems.. but the other toilet is very weak in terms of water pressure. What's the best way to get it going again? Thanks

Low water pressure after replacing well pump [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replaced a well pump. After the pump was replaced, within a day, we started to get low water pressure in the house. It starts strong for about 30 sec, and then it gets very low - not to a tricle- but not strong either. I've been reading other threads, and thought about increasing...

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

View more questions Search