Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tom autry Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Editing Text
    Hi Everyone , I have some Documents that I have scanned in my computer and I would like to modify the text . Is there a program that I could load to do this ? I am running XP Home. Thanks in advance, Tom
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Jun 9, 2007, 08:14 AM
    I can't remember what they're called exactly, but you can use a 'text reading' program that will recognize most types of print and convert it to an editable format.

Have a look on SnapFiles freeware section, there might be one there.
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Jun 9, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Hiya Tom
    You'll need an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) programme to edit scanned text, you usually get it in the bundle with your scanner (Usually not very good) if you want to pay I think the best ones are Abbeyfinereader and Iris Pro, Google for them, could get them cheaper if you use auctions. Here is a free one that's not bad, try download 4. Download SimpleOCR SDK DavidB.
    tom autry Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Thanks guys ,that OCR did the trick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Photo editing [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a free photo editing download that lets you mix pics?:cool:

Video editing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a home video and want to upload it on my website but there is some markings on the video Can I clean those marking so no one can read them while playing video They are on the left lower corner of the video If there is any software to clear them please let me know Thanks

Movie Editing... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I am having problems with editing a video. Actually I have shot 23 minute-video and some pictures too. I wanted to make a project using all the aforementioned stuff where I need to put subtitles also. But I can't use any software since the video file is NEROMIX VIDEO FILE. I...

View more questions Search